cfengine 3.0.1b3 cfruncommand issue

fdgu...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2009, 6:29:32 PM3/20/09

I'm having a difficult time trying to use what appears to be the
recommended setting for the cfruncommand setting.

I'm using the setting used in the examples and the reference guide.

From my promises.cf file:

body server control
{
cfserver::
allowallconnects => { "192.168.1.*" };
maxconnections => "50";

!cfserver::
allowconnects => { "192.168.1.133" };
trustkeysfrom => { "192.168.1.133" };
maxconnections => "2";

any::
allowusers => { "root" };
cfruncommand => "$(sys.workdir)/cf-agent -f failsafe.cf && $
(sys.workdir)/cf-agent";

}

However, when I run the cf-runagent command, I the following errors:

From cf-runagent -v:
cf3 !! Unspecified server refusal (see verbose server output)cf3
Couldn't recv
cf3 (recv: Connection reset by peer)

From cf-serverd -v -F:
cf3 User root granted connection privileges
cf3 Couldn't resolve filename /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent -f
failsafe.cf && /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent from host linux01-sn
cf3 (lstat: No such file or directory)
cf3 Server refusal due to denied access to requested object

From cf-serverd -v -d0 -F:
cf3 User root granted connection privileges
Unappending User root granted connection privileges
AccessControl(/var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent -f failsafe.cf && /var/
cfengine/bin/cf-agent)
cf3 Couldn't resolve filename /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent -f
failsafe.cf && /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent from host linux01-sn
cf3 (lstat: No such file or directory)
Unappending (lstat: No such file or directory)
Unappending Couldn't resolve filename /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent -f
failsafe.cf && /var/cfengine/bin/cf-agent from host linux01-sn
cf3 Server refusal due to denied access to requested object
Unappending Server refusal due to denied access to requested object

After taking a look at the code it seems that the server.c code does a
stat on the entire line rather than just the "/var/cfengine/bin/cf-
agent" part.

The following command works find:

runcfcommand => "$(sys.workdir)/bin/cf-agent";

Any help would be appreciated.

-FD Guarino