'-finit-local-zero'

youngung

Aug 12, 2011, 8:18:03 AM8/12/11
to GNU Fortran
Hi,

I have been using gfortran on a regular basis for compiling
most of my legacy programs for my research.
I've been using it on the Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) and so far it has been
working fine.

Now, I would like to compile some of the codes on my new Mac OS Lion.
For that, I installed gfortran with the clean OS through brew
after installing xcode.

Then I noticed the gfortran that I installed has an older version than
that I have used in my Linux. A problem is raised because I cannot
find '-finit-local-zero' options in the currently installed gfortran
on my
Mac.
Without this option, the legacy code only gives 'segmentation error'.

Therefore, I was heading up to the gfortran official website and tried
find a relevant
version for Lion, but all I've seen is gfortran for Leopard.

Has anyone tried Leopard gfortran in Lion?
Any recommendation?
I just do not want to go through 'trial and error' for this matter
again.

Cheers,

Youngung