Glade+Gtk-Fortran

John Wasilewski

Mar 29, 2016, 12:16:03 PM3/29/16
to GNU Fortran
I am trying to get to grips with how one uses Glade output files with gFortran.

I understand that Glade produces a script file. I can see how to create and save that. I can't seem to discover how to go past that point.

I think it's right to say also that I have to run Gtk-Fortran and use this to convert the Glade script file into Fortran-readable code. Is this correct? Which executable program, exactly, will do this for me?

I know that I must then also include some Gtk-Fortran statements into my Fortran source, and then compile and link my Fortran source files, whilst also linking a Gtk-Fortran library into the build. Which Gtk-Fortran file do I need to link into my build process?

I also haven't managed to find out whether the Glade code I have converted with Gtk-Fortran is then brought into my Fortran program at compile and link time, or gas to be prentice alongside my resulting executable, and is read by it only at run time. This question is really puzzling me because I've searched high and low for the answer!

I would greatly appreciate any tips anyone could give me.
----
I don't think the system I'm using is relevant but, in case anyone wants to know, there are two. Linux Mint on a high-end laptop, and Ubunto Mate on a Raspberry Pi. GFortran compilers on both. The fabulous Simply Fortran IDE on both. No success yet with CBFortran on either (I'll try harder). Ditto Gtk-Fortran (ditto).
---
John Wasilewski
Abu Dhabi