novice fortran questions

Jun 23, 2011, 7:47:37 AM6/23/11
to GNU Fortran
Readers,

Searching the web revealed that the newsgroup comp.lang.fortran has
been attacked by spam. Is there a suitable mailing list for novices to
post fortran questions. Using gfortran with gnu/linux mandriva.

Beliavsky

Jul 1, 2011, 1:37:29 PM7/1/11
to GNU Fortran
Your message was held for moderation -- sorry for the delay in
approving it. Although there is a lot of spam in comp.lang.fortran ,
there have been discussions in that group about avoiding it by using a
newsreader rather than Google groups. Feel free to ask Fortran
questions here, as long as you test your code with gfortran :) .

Beliavsky

Jul 1, 2011, 1:43:50 PM7/1/11
to GNU Fortran
I will add to my previous reply that although comp.lang.fortran has a
lot spam, it still has enough followers that Fortran questions do get
answered.