deggging increasing memory uage at runtime

amar Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 3:52:24 PM3/18/12
to GNU Fortran
The code I am running is a MPI process with 4 cores. it appears that
there is a bug sitting in somewhere. Here's what I see:

as the code runs, its memory consumption increases. e.g. in the top
command %MEM
column increases in time. I suspect some variable is being allocated
but not deallocated but I am not sure what is going on.. any
suggestions to figure out would be appreciated. I used gfortran to
compile the code so I am looking at an appropriate compiler switch to
find what's going on.. the code crashes when left to run for a long
enough time.....