can't compile - undefined reference

Nguan Soon Chong

Apr 29, 2014, 11:10:31 PM4/29/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
When I tried to compile gnome-mplayer, I get the following msg:

/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_get_boolean'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_new'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_reset'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_set_double'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_get_int'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_get_double'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_set_string'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_set_int'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_get_string'
/usr/local/lib/libgmlib.so: undefined reference to `g_settings_set_boolean'

Previously, I managed to compile and install gmtk and gecko-mediaplayer

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin DeKorte

Apr 30, 2014, 9:20:46 AM4/30/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
g_settings_ values comes from glib, so I would recommend running make clean and rerunning configure. This should auto detect what you have and allow for a proper build. If gsettings is detected but gmtk does not compile most likely you are missing something on your system.

Kevin

Nguan Soon Chong

Apr 30, 2014, 10:09:11 AM4/30/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

when you mean gsettings do you mean if glib is installed? I installed glib using yum. Would it be due to the glib version I have? (Currently I should have version 2.12 installed)

I'm running Centos 6.5, would you mind to take a quick look at the attached config log to see if there's any hint?

Thanks for your time.
config.log

Kevin DeKorte

Apr 30, 2014, 10:17:25 AM4/30/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
That version of glib does not have gsettings support. So run configure as follows

First run autoreconf
then ./configure —prefix=/usr —libdir=/usr/lib64 —enable-gconf

Those steps worked for me on my RHEL 6.5 machine. You only need the —libdir option if you are running a 64bit install.

Kevin

-------------------------------------
Kevin DeKorte

<config.log>

Nguan Soon Chong

Apr 30, 2014, 8:00:28 PM4/30/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
I still get the same error.

I'll try to update glib to see if it work. I'll come back to this.
Thanks

Kevin DeKorte

May 1, 2014, 8:54:12 AM5/1/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
Did you run ‘make clean’ first?
-------------------------------------
Kevin DeKorte

Message has been deleted

Nguan Soon Chong

May 1, 2014, 9:49:22 PM5/1/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
Definitely yes.

i even tried to start with a fresh copy of source code when it didn't't work. i've attached the config log.

After some study on the net, seems like people are suggesting that updating glibc is not a good idea.

I wonder if it's due to an older version of autoconf installed on my machine.
config.log

Kevin DeKorte

May 2, 2014, 11:03:52 AM5/2/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
I appears you did not add the configure flag that I suggested  —enable-gconf

Please make clean, rerun configure with that flag and try again.

Kevin

-------------------------------------
Kevin DeKorte

Nguan Soon Chong

May 3, 2014, 5:36:39 AM5/3/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I kept pressing the wrong reply button.

Anyway,

it was report to me that the --enable-gconf is an unrecognised option

I will try to run it again when I'm back to work. Thanks,

btw, i'm running a 64-bit OS

Nguan Soon Chong

May 4, 2014, 9:12:35 PM5/4/14
to gnome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, this is the config log with enable-gconf. Please see line 1040.
config.status