Re: [GNOME Do] Gnome Do status?

Christopher James Halse Rogers

Jun 2, 2013, 8:14:12 PM6/2/13
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
It's not dead, but it is reasonably mature, and I don't have a lot of
time to work on it at the moment.

I will be making a new core and plugins release soon, as I've merged a
couple of good plugins & fixes to do-plugins and added some extra
infrastructure to core.

As you noticed, I disabled the wiki some time ago. It was full of spam
and I didn't have the time or gumption to clean it regularly enough.
I'm (still) part-way through moving the plugin documentation off the
wiki and into help files distributed with the plugins, which would be a
better place for it anyway.

If you'd like to write a new plugin, it's pretty simple - probably the
most complicated bit is hooking in to Mono.Addins, and you can base
that bit on one of the existing plugins. Other than that, you just need
to implement one or more item sources and Items and such.

Feel free to ask questions either here or on #gnome-do on freenode (I'm
in UTC+10, so you might need to wait a while for an answer there).