Testing/Debugging an Addin

Michael Elsdörfer

Aug 27, 2010, 10:35:48 AM8/27/10
to GNOME Do
I can't get this to work. I've written a basic addin, compiled it, I'm
dragging it into the adding list in the preferences window, but
nothing happens.

Starting gnome-do from the command line with --debug, all I see is the
line:

[Debug 15:59:05.426] Installing Gajim.dll

The plugin doesn't appear in the list do. Copying the .dll manually
to /usr/lib/gnome-do/plugins doesn't work either. It's never mentioned
on stdout as being loaded, nor are any of it's Actions, Items, or
Sources.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Alex Launi

Aug 27, 2010, 2:33:26 PM8/27/10
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
Is your addin manifest being compiled into the .dll? Check this, and that it's correct.

--
-- Alex Launi

Michael Elsdörfer

Aug 27, 2010, 5:26:56 PM8/27/10
to GNOME Do
My *.addin.xml apparently is not included - I'm not sure what's the
proper way to check, but opening the .dll files in Vim, I can see the
file in the addins built with make, but not in those built through
MonoDevelop.

I admin I'm having some trouble getting my addin to compile through
make, but I'm going to try to fight my way through.

Still, am I correct to assume that you can't build an addin through
MonoDevelop then?

Michael

Alex Launi

Aug 27, 2010, 6:04:20 PM8/27/10
to gnom...@googlegroups.com
No, you can build in Monodevelop. To compile your addin manifest into the .dll you just need to right click it's file in the solution and click "compile in as resource" (or something to that effect).

The autotools way is to put

RESOURCES = \
PathTo/YourAddin.addin.xml

into your Makefile.am