Fwd: DEADLINE EXTENDED - National Farm to Food Assistance Survey I

devin wright

Nov 15, 2022, 4:21:44 PM11/15/22
to GNO Growers Alliance
In case y’all were hankering to do a survey!!

-Devin

Begin forwarded message:

From: FSLN info <FSLN...@winrock.org>
Subject: DEADLINE EXTENDED - National Farm to Food Assistance Survey I
Date: November 15, 2022 at 2:20:48 PM CST
Cc: "Edwards, Melony" <Melony....@winrock.org>

Good day friends,

We have extended the deadline for the National Farm to Food Assistance Survey to Friday December 2nd! Help us reach a goal of 300 respondents – we are at about 200 now. We are especially looking for farmers and state/local & tribal governments to respond.

We are sending this to multiple listservs for the greatest distribution. Apologies if you receive this message multiple times. We are reaching out to you because of your commitment to building connections between local farmers and food insecure communities.

Programs that link communities facing hunger with free, locally grown food while also paying farmers a fair price are a powerful way to build community, food security and resilience. The recently announced USDA-AMSLocal Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreement program has also created a ton of new activity and opportunity in this arena. The Wallace Center is working in partnership with Duke World Food Policy Center to capture and amplify the impacts and challenges of these programs to decision-makers, funders, and the USDA.

As a leader committed to advancing farmer viability and food security, we need to hear from you! Complete this survey to help us all better understand this growing market channel so we can collectively continue to support farmers’ fair wages while increasing community food security. This survey will contribute to reports and outreach efforts to make Farm to Food Assistance Programs like your own more sustainable and effective. The Wallace Center will also use it to design relevant technical assistance to support your work.

We will be entering survey participants in a raffle to win $250. The survey will be extended until Friday, December 2nd. Your support can go further by helping us spread the word and sharing the survey with your networks!

About the Survey:
The Wallace Center is committed to understanding and supporting Farm to Food Assistance programs that provide communities with free local and healthy food that is purchased from producers at fair market prices. We created this survey in collaboration with Duke World Food Policy Center and a panel of advisors running these programs in their communities to better understand the many types of farm to food assistance approaches that exist in the US, their challenges, their economic impact, and their funding needs. We will use what we learn to create tailored technical assistance for people managing and organizing these programs. The information collected will also help us understand what is working so we can advocate for lasting solutions that make our communities healthier, more connected, and more resilient. This survey is made possible with support from a USDA Local Food Promotion Program grant. You can learn more about our work supporting Farm to Food Assistance efforts here.

Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey and for your ongoing efforts to support your local farmers and community members.  Please reach out to Ellie (ellie.b...@winrock.org) or Melony (melony....@winrock.org) with any questions or concerns.

The Wallace Center

WINROCK INTERNATIONAL

The information in this message, including any attachments, is the property of Winrock International (discloser), is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which this message is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please notify the sender and immediately delete this message.