"gmake: *** No rule to make target `level/gtklevel.o', needed by `gnocl.so'. Stop."

sc...@web.de

Feb 23, 2014, 10:56:26 AM2/23/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sirs!

I just wanted to test gnocl with webkit for a small
project.

I get the above error when compiling gnocl-0.9.96-18-01-14
in OpenBSD 4.8.

I substituted "/usr/include" with "/user/local/incude"
and "/usr/lib" with "/usr/local/lib" in the Makefile.

All seems to compile goot until I get the above
error.

What can I do?

Thanks.
Rodrigo.

Googlemail

Feb 23, 2014, 4:26:12 PM2/23/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Apologies

It looks as though I haven't included this module in the sources. This issue has already been pointed out to me so, please accept my apologies. In the meantime, please find the attached missing code module.

Regards

Will

level.c

William Giddings

Feb 24, 2014, 7:47:10 AM2/24/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodrigo

Further to your above message. You quote a gmake error message. I'm not certain where the source used for the OpenBSD build comes from because I don't use gmake. There is a branch where a developer in Germany produces gmake files to create earlier versions of gnocl but, after taking a look at gmake, I decided to stay with gnu make.

Also, I see that you're planning a webkit project. You may want to use the attached script to give you some insight on how to get gnocl::webkit to work. It's something as a mash-up as to get anything meaningful working with webkit you need to execute javaScript commands.

Beware! I'm not certain how well webkit works on OpenBSD but on my Linux machine it will eventually crash. This is not a gnocl source bug as I find that any webkit app. (e.g ephiany, midori) eventually crash. I think that there are perhaps some issues with the Gtk+ binding.

Best Wishes

Will

--
test-webkit-editor.tcl

Roger Oberholtzer

Mar 12, 2015, 4:47:04 PM3/12/15
to gn...@googlegroups.com, wjgid...@googlemail.com
On Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 10:26:12 PM UTC+1, Googlemail wrote:
Apologies

It looks as though I haven't included this module in the sources. This issue has already been pointed out to me so, please accept my apologies. In the meantime, please find the attached missing code module.

I get the same error as the original poster.  What is missing is two files called src/level/gtlkevel.c and src/level/gtklevel.h (in fat there is no directory called src/level). The first file is referenced in src/Makefie, and the second in src/level.c. The file you attached is a different file. Or so it seems to me.

My source file is gnocl-0.9.96-01-07-13.tar.bz2 from sourceforge.

sc...@web.de

Apr 27, 2015, 6:06:58 AM4/27/15
to gn...@googlegroups.com, wjgid...@googlemail.com
Dear Sirs!
Dear Will!

There is nothing to apologize, but much to thank you for the project!

Excuse me, that I did not write before. With my very slow internet and old firefox it became a torture to read googlegroups
and use any othe google service that search.

At that time I found a lightweight, satisfactory solution with the old htmlib0.3, webkit and hence gnocl was not anymore
necessary, but now I am back. I am curious to try gnocl. :)

I tried to compile "gnocl-0.9.96-22-04-15.tar.bz2", and now I get the error:

gmake: *** No rule to make target `splashScreen/gtksplashScreen.o', needed by `gnocl.so'.  Stop.
<<

gmake is sure not a problem: it is the same gnu make, renamed, because BSD has its own make.

Thanks and best regards
Rodrigo.