How Can I Compile gnocl-0.9.96 On Debian Wheezy GNU/Linux using ActiveTcl8.6?

Rani Ahmad

Jun 8, 2014, 8:06:04 AM6/8/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I have attached my current Makefile that reflects the usage of ActiveTcl8.6.
Also I had an error about fileFilters.so and like a topic on this group, I changed it to filters.so.
Now I am stuck with this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltclstub8.6
make: *** [gnocl.so] Error 1

Also my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/tcl.conf has the line:
/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/lib/

...just to reflect the presence of ld path.

also this is the locations of the tclstub file:
/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/lib/libtclstub8.6.a

I ask you not tell me to use the repositories like using apt-get or synaptic. because I would have if I wanted to. thanks in advance.
Makefile.txt

William Giddings

Jun 8, 2014, 4:00:20 PM6/8/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rani

Firstly, thanks for trying gnocl.

I've never used Debian and only have OpenSuse on my workstation. Nor, for that matter, do I use ActiveTcl I only work with the development libraries that come packaged with my distro (Tcl8.5).

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss what to suggest. Perhaps the issue is arising from the ActiveTcl installation.

Best wishes

Will

Rani Ahmad

Jun 9, 2014, 9:44:31 PM6/9/14
to gn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I was told by the #tcl on irc.freenode.net that I have to add the following to the end of the list of options of gcc compiler just to be able to get FriBiDi work inside Tcl . This also can get rid of the ld error:

       -L/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/lib/ -ltclstub8.6

So, how should  Makefile gnocl be fixed to add the option ?

I also advice you run an IRC channel on freenode named #gnocl for direct interaction.