Adventure choice GN from 1970s?

S-boy

Sep 14, 2009, 4:52:14 PM9/14/09
to Graphic Novels in Libraries UK
I'm trying to find the tile of a series of books I read as a kid in
the 1970s.

They were fore-runners of graphic novels in which the reader chose the
path the hero would take on each page -- in the style of the Choose
Your Adventure series that came later -- then flip to the right page
for that option.

The books were illustrated with black and white line drawings. I
recall they were of a smaller format.

One of the books dealt with Chinese opium traffickers and might have
been set on a boat.

I recall the mood of these books was a bit darker -- there was murder
and mayhem. I think they were British but I'm not certain. I'm
guessing 1974-ish.

Anyone remember the names of these?

Thanks.

Glen