Help with MMPBSA error message: b_fdfrc(): Atom out of focusing box******************

Sally Heo

Apr 25, 2024, 5:41:02 PMApr 25
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hello,

I was running a MMPBSA.py analysis for one of my protein models and I am getting this error message:  b_fdfrc(): Atom out of focusing box****************** I am not sure what could be causing this error and would like some help please.

I am not able to upload my output file with the error message because the file size is too big (0.99 GB). I tried to convert to a .dat file or compressing the file.

Sally Heo

Apr 25, 2024, 5:45:36 PMApr 25
to gmx_MMPBSA
error_message_pd.out.dat.png

marioe911116

Apr 29, 2024, 4:10:12 PMApr 29
to gmx_MMPBSA
could you try to generate a small trajectory (5 frames for example) and send the files you are using?

Sally Heo

May 6, 2024, 5:58:07 PMMay 6
to gmx_MMPBSA
I am not able to send everything, but I have generated a small trajectory for 5 frames.
FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA_5frames.dat
eachFrame_5frames.csv

marioe911116

May 7, 2024, 12:59:13 PMMay 7
to gmx_MMPBSA
without all the files I can't perform the proper tests. you can use this service to send the files around:

https://wetransfer.com/

Sally Heo

May 7, 2024, 6:54:42 PMMay 7
to gmx_MMPBSA
Thank you for this link. I was able to upload all my files. Here is the link to download all my files that were generated when I ran the trajectory for 5 frames. It will expire in 7 days.

marioe911116

May 7, 2024, 7:16:01 PMMay 7
to gmx_MMPBSA
I see you are using MMPBSA.py. This group is intended to provide support for gmx_MMPBSA which is a GROMACS program, not AMBER's. You can post the issue on one of AMBER's mailing lists.