gmx_MMPBSA IndexError:string index out of range

yawei yu

Feb 10, 2023, 8:40:57 PM2/10/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hello sir,I'm calculating the binding free energy of protein-DNA system using the command: "mpirun -np 2 gmx_MMPBSA MPI -O -i mmpbsa.in -cs *.tpr -ci index.ndx -ct traj.xtc -cg 30 0". But, I found the error: "IndexError: string index out of range". (By the way, i have installed Parmed package).

Hope to get your help, thanks!

微信截图_20230210180105.png
gmx_MMPBSA.log
mmpbsa.in

Mario Sergio Valdes

Feb 11, 2023, 12:11:29 AM2/11/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
I can't reproduce this error. I suspect that is related to ParmEd (here version 0+unknown). Please, install this version and let me know if works for you.

In the log file, you can check what version you are using

yawei yu

Feb 12, 2023, 4:09:13 AM2/12/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hello sir, thanks for your help. As you say, my previous version of ParmEd is improper,  and i have solved this problem after install proper ParmEd package.

Thank you !
Best regards.