MMPBSA_Error CHAMBER prmtops cannot be used with 3D-RISM

Reza Khayat

May 5, 2022, 2:58:20 PM5/5/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hi,
I'm receiving the error MMPBSA_Error CHAMBER prmtops cannot be used with 3D-RISM when trying to perform 3D-RISM calculations on a trajectory generated using GROMACS. I  use CHARMM-GUI to generate the input files for GROMACS (v2022). The command I use for gmv_MMPBSA (v1.5.2) is:

gmx_MMPBSA -O -i ../mmpbsa_default_gb-pb-rism.in -cs ../step5_1.tpr -ci ../step5_1protein-0_Chains.ndx -cg 1 2 -ct ../combined_500nsec_protein.xtc -cp ../topol.top -eo output_energies_gb-pb-rism.csv -nogui

I realize others have had similar problems but not specifically like this. Moreover, the GB and PB calculations work fine with my data. Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Reza

marioe911116

May 5, 2022, 6:22:35 PM5/5/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
This is a limitation... currently 3D RISM can't be performed with chamber prmtop files...

cheers!

Reza Khayat

May 5, 2022, 6:46:57 PM5/5/22
to gmx_MMPBSA