positive binding energy

bahare bamdad

May 21, 2023, 4:10:38 AM5/21/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Dear all,

I'd like to calculate the binding energy of a protein to a metal organic framework. I used Gromacs to perform MD simulation. However, I receive a lot of positive interaction energy (please see the attachments). Could you please provide your feedback?

Best regards,

Bahareh
gbe2.dat
_GMXMMPBSA_complex.pdb

bahare bamdad

May 21, 2023, 5:55:30 AM5/21/23
to gmx_MMPBSA

May 21, 2023, 6:43:03 AM5/21/23
to bahare bamdad, gmx_MMPBSA
he reason why you got a positive vdW is because there are atoms too close in your system (see picture)... the protein atoms are clashing with those of the MOF... please, review your input structure

image.png

marioe911116

May 21, 2023, 6:44:41 AM5/21/23
to gmx_MMPBSA