Running Entropy Calculations separately

Bassam Haddad

Nov 15, 2023, 4:08:12 AM11/15/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Dear All,

I am very happy so far with gmx_MMPBSA, especially given the extra support for charmm-ff systems. I was able to get free energy estimates, and I see a largely converged enthalpic term when increasing frame numbers...

However, I believe I need a lot more frames to get the sigma of the IE or C2 entropy down. This becomes very expensive, for as far as I can tell, the majority of the time is spent on the PB calculation.

So my question.. Is it possible to run Entropy calculations (IE/C2) separately from the PB calculations, as implied in the supplement of the gmx_MMPBSA manuscript.

Best,
Bassam

Mario Sergio Valdes

Nov 15, 2023, 10:15:41 PM11/15/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
We appreciate your consideration.
This is not possible at the moment, but it is an interesting idea. We will talk about it at the next meeting.
Best regards