Error updating to gmx_MMPBSA to v 1.4.1

gagandeep singh

Mar 31, 2021, 11:50:01 AM3/31/21
to gmx_m...@googlegroups.com
Dear gmx_MMPBSA users,
I was trying to update gmx_MMPBSA v1.3.1 to v1.4.0 but encountered the error installing mpi4py setup file and the process got terminated.
Attached is the terminal output and the error encountered.
Looking forward for your valuable comments for troubleshooting the upgradation to v1.4.0.

Thanks and regards
Gagandeep Singh

--
Assistant Research Officer (Biotechnology)
Central Ayurveda Research Institute, Jhansi

Ph.D. Scholar
KSBS, IIT Delhi
gmx_MMPBSA v1.4 error

Mario Sergio Valdes

Mar 31, 2021, 1:11:25 PM3/31/21
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hi Gagandeep Singh and welcome!

Since version 1.4.0 we include mpi4py in the setup.py since using it considerably reduces the computation time. Once this is done, we also update the documentation. You can check it here https://valdes-tresanco-ms.github.io/gmx_MMPBSA/installation/#requirements

Please try installing/reinstalling the OpenMPI library like this:
     sudo apt install openmpi-bin libopenmpi-dev openssh-client
or this way
    sudo apt install --reinstall openmpi-bin libopenmpi-dev openssh-client
and try again.

Additionally, you can reinstall gmx_MMPBSA.
Best!
Mario S.