About the reliable entropy calculation

陳冠宇

Sep 7, 2022, 9:00:31 AM9/7/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
Dear Sir,
1. I would like to know how to reduce my data's sigma value of interaction entropy (IE).

2. Why the sigma value of IE (entropy) is different from the SD value of -TdeltaS (entropy)? one is higher than 3.6 kcal/mole (is it not reliable ?) and the other is 0.05. What is the difference between sigma and SD during IE estimation? Why do we need to consider the sigma of IE whether greater than 3.6 kcal/mol or not? Should we consider estimating the criteria of SD?

3. The output data of energy after calculation showed "Average", "SD" and "SEM". Does the "Average" mean the "sum of energy during the period of frames/ number of frames" or the "sum of moving average of energy/ number of frames"?

4. Should we show the data with the mean (Average?) ± SD? or SEM? which one is right?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you

Sincerely,

Mark

mmpbsa.in
FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat

Mario Sergio Valdes

Sep 7, 2022, 10:39:34 AM9/7/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
1. I would like to know how to reduce my data's sigma value of interaction entropy (IE).

2. Why the sigma value of IE (entropy) is different from the SD value of -TdeltaS (entropy)? one is higher than 3.6 kcal/mole (is it not reliable ?) and the other is 0.05. What is the difference between sigma and SD during IE estimation? Why do we need to consider the sigma of IE whether greater than 3.6 kcal/mol or not? Should we consider estimating the criteria of SD?

Most of the information you request is explained and referenced in the documentation. Please review it carefully.
The σIE corresponds to the standard deviation of the interaction energy, while the SD corresponds to the standard deviation of the IE in the selected segment. You can review the article mentioned in the output warning. Basically, it is because from that value it is extremely difficult to have convergence.
The σIE is intended to show whether the calculation is reliable or not. The SD shows if the selected fragment is "convergent".

3. The output data of energy after calculation showed "Average", "SD" and "SEM". Does the "Average" mean the "sum of energy during the period of frames/ number of frames" or the "sum of moving average of energy/ number of frames"?

Honestly, I do not know the second formula. In this case, Average = Mean

4. Should we show the data with the mean (Average?) ± SD? or SEM? which one is right?

This thread may help you (https://www.researchgate.net/post/Should_I_use_the_standard_deviation_or_the_standard_error_of_the_mean). It is common to use Average+SD, since SEM is affected by sample size, so it would not be appropriate to compare energy values getting from trajectories with different lengths. In any case, it would depend on how you will report the energy values and that you specify it in your report.

HTH!
Mario S.

陳冠宇

Sep 7, 2022, 11:29:46 AM9/7/22
to Mario Sergio Valdes, gmx_MMPBSA
Dear Sir,
Thank you for the information

warm regards,

Mark

***********************************
Mark, Guan-Yu Chen (陳冠宇)
中國醫藥大學附設醫院 1JG1醫研部中醫藥研究發展中心
中國醫藥研發中心
中國醫科大學附屬醫院
台灣
電話:+886- 4-22053366 分機。3316/5711
郵箱:markchen19822001(at) gmail.com
郵箱:markchen19822001(at) yahoo.com.tw
平安喜樂 ~ 福慧圓滿 ^^

注意:依據國家個人資料保護法規定,本信件及附加文件僅為傳遞於指定的收信人,且可能含有私人之專屬資料。如果您不是本通知的指定收信人,請立即自您的電腦系統刪除並通知本人,不得為任何之複製、使用或向第三人揭露,以免侵害他人權益,造成自身觸法,謝謝您的配合。
免責聲明的重要通知
本電子郵件和任何附件中的信息僅供其收件人或實體使用,並且可能包含機密和/或特權材料。禁止預期接收者以外的個人或實體對該信息進行任何審查、轉發、傳播或以其他方式使用或採取任何行動。如果您不是預期的收件人,請刪除郵件和所有附件,並通知發件人誤送。