Is it possible to perform per-residue energy decomposition utilizing a multi-trajectory (MT) approach?

Krishna Vkm

Oct 17, 2023, 7:07:47 AM10/17/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Hi

I aim to perform per-residue mmgbsa binding free energy  decomposition for a protein-ligand complex. Typically, this is done using a single trajectory (ST) approach, where the ligand and receptor trajectories are derived from the complex trajectory. However, I'm interested in employing a multiple trajectory (MT) approach, with separate simulated trajectories for the receptor, ligand, and complex. I'm curious if it's possible to conduct per-residue energy decomposition using MT approach in gmx_MMPBSA.

I would greatly appreciate your any help.

Thank you and regards,
Krishna

Mario Ernesto

Oct 17, 2023, 7:33:33 AM10/17/23
to Krishna Vkm, gmx_MMPBSA
It should work in principle... have a go and let us know if you find any issue

Krishna Vkm

Oct 17, 2023, 7:37:21 AM10/17/23
to Mario Ernesto, gmx_MMPBSA
thanks a lot