error when calculating binding free energy

Assigned to marioe...@gmail.com by me

li tao

Jan 3, 2022, 5:29:09 AM1/3/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
Dear marioe,
   I met an error with calculating binding free energy ,pls help me check it, and give me a solution, thanks a lot.
 By the way,  I used a protonated GLU when running MD, if it caused the error occurred during binding energy calculation.
1641205428.png
gmx_MMPBSA.log

Mario Ernesto

Jan 3, 2022, 1:12:46 PM1/3/22
to li tao, gmx_MMPBSA
Hello there!

Could you please send around the files you are using? (mmpbsa.in,  md01.tpr, index.ndx, md01-nojump.xtc (just a few frames) and AAA_gaff.mol2

Cheers!

li tao

Jan 3, 2022, 7:17:57 PM1/3/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
thanks a lot, these files have been attached.
index.ndx
AAA_gaff.mol2
md01.tpr
mmpbsa.in
30frames.xtc

Mario Ernesto

Jan 3, 2022, 7:35:39 PM1/3/22
to li tao, gmx_MMPBSA
I did use the mmpbsa.in attached (the only difference is the start and end frame given that the traj you sent has a few frames) and the following command:

gmx_MMPBSA -O -i mmpbsa.in -cs md01.tpr -ci index.ndx -cg 1 13 -ct 30frames.xtc -lm AAA_gaff.mol2

and it works fine...

are you using the last version of the program?

mmpbsa.in

marioe911116

Jan 7, 2022, 10:30:01 PM1/7/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
to summarize as we talked about this offline:

for some systems with protonated residues (GLU, ASP,  etc), the stable version from PYPI can end in error... to fix this just upgrade gmx_MMPBSA with the following command:

amber.python -m pip install git+https://github.com/Valdes-Tresanco-MS/gmx_MMPBSA.git@25a02b8 --upgrade

cheers!

Mario Sergio Valdes

Jan 10, 2022, 12:57:35 PM1/10/22
to gmx_MMPBSA
The current version (v1.4.3) contains the error that will be fixed for v1.5.0