.xtc file for calculations

Janus Quiambao

Oct 28, 2023, 6:32:19 AM10/28/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Good day!

I am currently trying to calculate the binding energy of my protein-protein system and was wondering about the type of .xtc file needed. This is because in analyzing the rmsd, rmsf of my system, I applied PBC correction to my original trajectory. I would like to ask if the .xtc file should be the one that is not corrected i.e., the .xtc file that contains the original trajectory, or the PBC corrected one? Will choosing one over the other have some kind of effect to the calculations?

Thank you in advance!

marioe911116

Oct 28, 2023, 6:40:17 AM10/28/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
You should use the .xtc with PBC correction

Janus Quiambao

Oct 28, 2023, 6:46:42 AM10/28/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
I see. Thank you!

Follow-up question, I want to analyze interaction entropy in my system and for the binding free energy calculations, I want to compare Single Trajectory and NLPB. Do I do this in two separate files, or can I do both calculations in 1 input file, but separated
/
&gb
/
&pb
/
like this?

Thank you again!

marioe911116

Oct 28, 2023, 6:48:44 AM10/28/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Technically, you could run both in the same run, although I'll suggest run them separately for better clarity in the results files

jiquiambao

Oct 28, 2023, 6:51:07 AM10/28/23
to gmx_MMPBSA
Thank you!