NAMD+MM_GBSA/PBSA

臧敏

Mar 16, 2024, 6:47:10 AMMar 16
to gmx_mmpbsa
Hi everynone,
     For the NAMD version of trajectory MM_GBSA/PBSA calculation, I used gmx_MMPBSA/example/psf_dcd/protein_protein for testing (https://valdes-tresanco-ms.github.io/gmx_MMPBSA/dev/examples/psf_dcd/protein_protein/) , but I found that when adding &decomp (idecomp=2, dec_verbose=3, print_res="within 100" ), the energy decomposition of all C-termius  backbone of the amino acids is 0, I think this is very abnormal, so I have doubts about the overall energy calculation, has anyone met this problem, how should I solve it? Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,
Besty

marioe911116

Mar 16, 2024, 5:29:55 PMMar 16
to gmx_MMPBSA
Could you please share the results files?

臧敏

Mar 16, 2024, 11:07:56 PMMar 16
to marioe911116, gmx_mmpbsa
Here are the result files that I got[&decomp (idecomp=2, dec_verbose=3, print_res="A/1-223 B/1-57" )]. The all origin files are here (https://valdes-tresanco-ms.github.io/gmx_MMPBSA/dev/examples/psf_dcd/protein_protein/) and the all files are too big that I cannot upload. Thanks a lot.

Best Wishes,
Besty

From:  "marioe911116"<marioe...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sun, Mar 17, 2024 05:30 AM
To:  "gmx_mmpbsa"<gmx_m...@googlegroups.com>;
Subject:  Re: NAMD+MM_GBSA/PBSA

result_files.zip

marioe911116

Mar 19, 2024, 2:07:03 PMMar 19
to gmx_MMPBSA
Can you point out where exactly is the issue? perhaps upload a picture of a result file where you identified the issue

臧敏

Mar 20, 2024, 1:30:35 PMMar 20
to marioe911116, gmx_mmpbsa
The questions (in picture form) are packed in my folder with the parameters [&decomp (idecomp=2, dec_verbose=3, print_res="A/1-223 B/1-57" )] were added to the origin mmpbsa.in.
In the Backbone Energy Decomposition section of the FINAL_DECOMP_MMPBSA.dat, as shown in the "Backbone_Energy_Decomposition" image, I found that the backbone energy decomposition for all C-termius of the two proteins is 0 and as is the backbone of the HSD residue.
 I think this is very abnormal. Are there any files I should change, I think I'm strictly following the tutorial in the README file.

From:  "marioe911116"<marioe...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Wed, Mar 20, 2024 02:07 AM
Problems.rar

marioe911116

Mar 24, 2024, 5:26:19 PMMar 24
to gmx_MMPBSA
it seems this issue is related to some bug with the original decomposition code in sander (from Amber suite) and that's why it does not parse the BDC energy for terminals or aminoacids like HSD. I tried different methods with different topologies and always the same result. For the time being, there is nothing we can do other than report this issue to the sander developers and see what they say.

臧敏

Mar 26, 2024, 3:38:02 PMMar 26
to marioe911116, gmx_mmpbsa
Thanks a lot!