Forwarding & Filtering Issue

robert...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2008, 3:50:16 PM9/2/08
to GMusers- GMail Beta & Beyond
(not sure if my first post made it...)

I have a problem with a filter that I cannot seem to find the answer
to.

The idea is, any email sent to the primary address, is sent to two
other accounts.

I don't know how to send a single copy of a new email to the two other
accounts in one rule, so I came up with this:

Org-email-->primary acc't-->fwd to 2nd account---fwd to 3rd acc't.

This works well, except email from a particular user (Comcast email)
does not meet the filter on the 2nd account. Mail from other email
accounts work perfectly.

In the primary account, I forward("Forwarding and POP/IMAP")
everything to the 2nd account(there aren't any filters defined in the
primary account.)

In the 2nd account, I have a simple filter that forwards a copy of any
email sent TO the primary account, to a third account.

All emails make it to the 2nd account. Most make it to the third
account.

When I check the filter on the 2nd account and test the filter, it
selects everything except all email belonging to this one email
address.

I did notice that when I read the mail from the suspect email on the
2nd account, it does not say who the email was TO (show details). It's
the same when reading the email from the primary account too.

Succeeded:
from Orbitz <orb...@my.orbitz.com>
reply-to Orbitz <ca...@my.orbitz.com>
to robert...@gmail.com
date Sep 2, 2008 2:47 PM
subject Genene, Need a Rental Car?
signed-by my.orbitz.com
mailed-by my.orbitz.com

Failed:
from "xx...@comcast.net" <xx...@comcast.net>
date Sep 2, 2008 9:23 AM
subject soccer update!!!! please read
mailed-by comcast.net

I looked at the headers and nothing jumps out at me. I have not tested
from any other Comcast account.

Is this is known issue or bug?

TIA,
Robert

Ian James

Sep 11, 2008, 7:59:16 AM9/11/08
to GMusers- GMail Beta & Beyond
Is your filter checking 'TO' or 'FROM' fields? If the Comcast mail is
delivered to your via list or BCC etc. it may not meet the criteria
for your filter.

On Sep 2, 8:50 pm, "robert.gen...@gmail.com" <robert.gen...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>   reply-to  Orbitz <c...@my.orbitz.com>
>   to  robert.gen...@gmail.com

Robert & Genene MacDonald

Sep 13, 2008, 2:53:04 PM9/13/08
to GMu...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! That is the problem. I changed the filter from "TO:" to
"deliveredto:" and now it catches all the correct mail. Thanks!!