no menu button on OnePlus 3

Tom

Oct 1, 2016, 6:15:06 AM10/1/16
to gmote users
I have used this app a lot in the past, mainly as a remote keyboard and mouse. Recently I got a new phone (OnePlus 3), and discovered a complete inability to access the menu on gmote, this means I can't get to the keyboard and mouse bit, and I can't switch server easily. The phone doesn't have a hardware menu button, and there is no three dots software menu button on screen as there is with my Fire tablet. My guess would be there is a list of devices which need a menu button and this phone isn't on it.

I'm assuming that I'm not just being dim because my old phone (hardware menu button) and tablet (three dots menu button) both work without me doing anything, but if I have missed a setting, or if there is something I need to do differently please let me know.

Thanks
Tom

Tom

Oct 3, 2016, 11:32:36 AM10/3/16
to gmote users
For anyone having the same problem I have a work around - OnePlus3 has the option to use software or hardware buttons. If you turn on software buttons you can see the three dots button. This is just annoying as it means you need to either go into settings every time you use the app or waste the bottom section of your screen by having software buttons on all the time.

If the gmote dev team looks at this an option for an always menu button inside the app would be really good!

Alexandru M

Jan 2, 2018, 5:40:58 AM1/2/18
to gmote users
Hello. I'm new here and not writing so good so excuse my bad spelling.
I have a Samsung S7 and  S6 and i have the same problem. I've discovered that in the player section if you keep your finger on the back sensitive button, the menue pops up. You cand chose to select the tuchpad, Browse, web(beta) Help and Find Server. the probblem i have is in the tuchpad section i can't accese the settings menu, the one with the sensibility bar and the option to make the right side of the screan, a scrole.

Do anyone figured out how can you accese that part quickly?

Thank you in advance. :)