[GMCnet] Craig's List - Honda ev6010

Thomas Phipps

Nov 26, 2014, 12:52:11 PM11/26/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
http://gadsden.craigslist.org/grd/4716171985.html

Just in case.
Tom, MS II
--
1975 GMC Avion

Chris Choffat

Nov 26, 2014, 1:10:25 PM11/26/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
Now THAT is a contraption... 8o
--
-Chr$: Perpetual SmartAss
Scottsdale, AZ
77 Ex-Kingsley 455 SOLD!
2010 Nomad 24 Ft TT W/ 390W PV, MPPT Controller, Honda EV4010 and custom cargo door.

Photosite: Chrisc "It has Begun"

RC Jordan

Nov 26, 2014, 2:34:25 PM11/26/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
>contraption

That's about the 3rd "portable" EV setup I've seen like that on Craigslist.

If he hasn't sold them already, 94nubble listed two in the swap forum yesterday.

Here's what I currently have on my scanner for the lower 48. It's tuned for 6010's but 4010s slip in.

New York (NY) > Albany
HONDA EV6010 GENERATOR (HOOSICK FALLS NY) $3485
http://albany.craigslist.org/tls/4746922640.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-11-20
This is a 120 volt (50amps) generator. Constant output supports electronic equipment such as that used for broadcasting. Call Don

West Virginia (WV) > Eastern Panhandle
Honda generator $500
http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/for/4770866854.html Category: for Posted: 2014-11-20
This is a Honda EV-6010 generator out of a motor home.Can be easily made portable with cart and fuel tank.Please research this item for sale
elsewhere,and you will find this is a very fair price.Can text pics. Tags:power outage,camper,race car trail

Michigan (MI) > Northern Michigan
Honda R.V. Generator EV-4010 (Suttons Bay ) $1000
http://nmi.craigslist.org/for/4729277719.html Category: for Posted: 2014-11-20
Rebuilt Honda R.V. EV-4010 Generater. Liquid cooled engine. $l,000obo. Call Carl ..Phone

Oregon (OR) > Portland > Columbia Gorge
Honda Generator (Goldendale) $1200
http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/rvs/4769931091.html Category: rvs Posted: 2014-11-20
Honda Generator EV6010, nice generator runs good. Runs on propane, it has a new propane regulator and its ready to go. $1200 obo

Oregon (OR) > Salem
Honda EV6010 GENERATOR RV style (Mt. Angel) $1000
http://salem.craigslist.org/tls/4755753630.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-11-16
For sale Honda Ev6010 RV Generator 1000.00 OBO 846 hours on it. Specs 12.2 hp twin cylinder ohc liquid cooled engine. AC output_12V 6000W 50A .84
gallons per hour. Electric starter. Call or text

Minnesota (MN) > Minneapolis / St Paul > Hennepin County
Honda EV 4010 RV slide in generator water cooled 2 cylinders works (bloomington) $140
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tls/4735902533.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-11-15
Honda EV 4010 RV slide in generator water cooled 2 cylinders works 12.2 HP 4000 watts...110...220....gasoline works but needs love........$140 cash
call for info...... greg/mojo .... have others tooooo..... no camera...

Oklahoma (OK) > Tulsa
Honda EV6010 (TULSA) $100
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/4757663544.html Category: for Posted: 2014-11-14
Honda EV6010 Gas Powered Generator as is ..does not run... but theres alot of extra parts!!!4 sure enough too make 1 good one..$100.00.

New York (NY) > Albany
generator (E Nassau) $800
http://albany.craigslist.org/tls/4704788881.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-11-06
used Honda EV 6010 generator from motorhome low hours .puts out 50 amps

Wisconsin (WI) > Milwaukee
Honda 6010 rv generator (milwaukee) $450
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/4748865471.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-11-06
For sale Honda 6010 RV generator. Needs some clean up but works fine. Call with questions if interested. Thanks, Dan. 4one4 2zero8 928zero.

Texas (TX) > Houston
Honda R.V. Generator EV6010 (spring tx) $1650
http://houston.craigslist.org/for/4744115562.html Category: for Posted: 2014-11-03
12.2 Hp, Twin-Cylinder Liquid Cooled Honda Engine 6KW GENERATOR (120V:, 6,000 W (50A) , OHC Four Stroke, Oil Alert®, Electric Starter, Temperature
Alert, Work Perfect, Good Conditions, have Muffler, Perfect for use in R.V's or for Home, With Electric

Florida (FL) > Treasure Coast
Honda EV6010 RV Type Gas Powered Generator (FT PIERCE) $475
http://treasure.craigslist.org/rvs/4700240441.html Category: rvs Posted: 2014-11-03
Honda EV6010 RV Type Gas Powered Generator with muffler. NOT Working. Condition unknown, sold as is. It is all there please see photos. I Picked it up
for a project that I now do not have the time for . May just need a carb cleaning. Selling as a par

Connecticut (CT) > Hartford
5 KW Honda RV Generator (Seymour) $1100
http://hartford.craigslist.org/for/4732804351.html Category: for Posted: 2014-10-26
Honda EV 6010 RV generator, low hours, works perfectly, liquid cooled, 10 gal extended run gas tank. Currently setup as emergency backup generator.
Original cost $2400 when purchased new, 20/30 amp, 120 volt output

Colorado (CO) > Denver
Honda ev6010 generator (westminster) $800
http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/4724276684.html Category: tls Posted: 2014-10-20
I bought this generator from a friend about 8 years ago thinking I would make a portable generator for camping and home backup. It is originally one
of the best rv generators you can buy. Twin cylinder 12 hp liquid cooled honda engine with electric s

Virginia (VA) > Richmond
Honda EV6010 liquid cooled RV generator (henrico) $500
http://richmond.craigslist.org/for/4722107036.html Category: for Posted: 2014-10-19
Almost new Honda Generators. Last record indicates it was repaired. May need a bit of TLC to get it going. This is going to be a cash and carry only.
I have 4 of them. $500.00 Each

--
77 Royale Coachmen Side Dry Bath
76 Birchaven Coachmen Side Wet Bath

Johnny Bridges

Nov 27, 2014, 11:15:40 AM11/27/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
OK, 'bout halfway between Annie's Town and Gadsden. FWIW, Sam's has a 10KW no-name with electric start for $600 tomorrow. Looks like it would fit
the 26' bay. I expect three of them would outlast the Honda, albeit noisier.

--johnny
--
'76 23' transmode Norris upfit
Braselton, Ga.

"Sometimes I wonder what tomorrow's gonna bring when I think about my dirty life and times" --Warren Zevon

Jim Galbavy

Nov 27, 2014, 2:32:46 PM11/27/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
....so you think it will out last three EV6010s? Each is worth is up to lasting
about 5,000 to 7,000 hrs (if taken care of).

jim galbavy
'73 x-CL ANNIE
Lake Mary, FL

Johnny Bridges

Nov 27, 2014, 2:54:22 PM11/27/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
No, but I can buy three of it for the 2 Large the guy wants for the Hondoo. If I buy three Hondas, for the same bux I get ten of thwe no-name.
Again, I submit they'll outlast three Hindas. The upside of the Honda is the water cooling shuts it up to a degree. The downside is, it's expensive
to acquire and buy parts ofr, and it's heavy. You pays your money and you takes your chierce. It won't fit my coach anyhow, so I am investigating
options to the Junkerac which is developing a sputter.

Meantime, I have a 5500 Yamaha with a dead and non - resurrect able carb. Yamaha wanta a bit under $400 for another carb. If I can find a working
one, I can swap the Yamaha for a 4KW Onan which will fit in my coach. The holders for the float pen corroded - likely thanks to alcohol in the gas -
and they're part of the carb body. All pot metal, no goodway to rebuild.

--johnny

--
'76 23' transmode Norris upfit
Braselton, Ga.

"Sometimes I wonder what tomorrow's gonna bring when I think about my dirty life and times" --Warren Zevon

Thomas Phipps

Nov 27, 2014, 4:06:39 PM11/27/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
Honda ev6010 weighs in at 205 pounds, more or less. Onan 6kw is around 440 pounds. Honda ev4010 is almost physically the same size as the ev6010.
Neither will fit in a 23' genset compartment.
Tom, MS II
--
1975 GMC Avion

Jim Galbavy

Nov 27, 2014, 4:08:01 PM11/27/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
Johnny,

The EV6010 is smaller and lighter than the original generator that
came in the GMC. Besides oil, oil filter and antifreeze the only other thing
that I've bought for mine is a washable air filter. ....and after 12 years,
I know mine still works. First time, every time. In my mind, $600 is not
disposable over and over again.

jim galbavy
'73 x-CL ANNIE
Lake Mary, FL

Chris Choffat

Nov 28, 2014, 6:28:05 AM11/28/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
You can't beat the power drawer for reliability. My "God-only-knows-how-many-hours" 6K rebuild never failed to start and run after sitting for months
on end. It put out way more than its rated load.
Hope my Honda EV4010 lasts as long, so long as I start it once a month.
--
-Chr$: Perpetual SmartAss
Scottsdale, AZ
77 Ex-Kingsley 455 SOLD!
2010 Nomad 24 Ft TT W/ 390W PV, MPPT Controller, Honda EV4010 and custom cargo door.

Photosite: Chrisc "It has Begun"

Jim Bounds

Nov 28, 2014, 7:58:17 AM11/28/14
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
A Honda EV-4010 WILL fit into a 23' generator compartment. It goes in
sideways on the original 4K power drawer slides. We did that @ 10 years
ago, a now own the 23' rear Bath Birchaven it's in and we are scheduled to
install at least one more this month. Depending on which way RC wants to
go with his 23, there may be another one going in.

I gotta tell ya guys, I have installed the 6010 in countless coaches and
they really do a fine job.

Always first question ---- is it quiet? I thought you wanted reliable
power! Look at Consumer reports on generators-- the Honda EU portable is
#1 in the list with the only very quiet rating! It is a higher pitch but
lower db. You can deal with higher pitch noises with dense insulation --
check your physics text books.

Always second question --- Does it slide out? NO, the unit is like a
flounder, all of the needed stuff to get to are on one side. Pulling it
out every say 4 years to blow off the radiator and change maybe the fan
motor but beyond that heck the things are bullet proof!

Start it up once a week and load it down and I don't think there is a half
life on this piece of equipment! You know thinking about it right now, RC
we neeed to put a 4010 in your 23'.

Guys, if your generator is giving you crap, get a Honda. If you love your
Onan, don't marry it -- you will outlast it...

Jim Bounds