Re: [GMCnet] 1975 Princess by El Dorado

MICHAEL FOSTER

Sep 28, 2009, 10:49:11 PM9/28/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

The list is for GMC front wheel drive class A motorhomes. If your motorhome is a front wheel drive class A built by GMC welcome.

If not, you might get more applicable info from another site.

Michael

Dennis Jahn

Sep 28, 2009, 9:50:49 PM9/28/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Dear Friends,
I recently purchased a 1975 GMC El Dorado Princess. I'm looking for pictures of both interior and exterior of how it looked originally. I've been told that there weren't very many of these El Dorado coaches made?
Thank you

Dennis Jahn

Sep 28, 2009, 11:33:23 PM9/28/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Michael,
Thank you for responding. My coach is in fact a front wheel drive class A built by GMC. It's my understanding that different companies bought the coach's from GMC with out a interior and installed their own. El Dorado was one of them, their factory was in Kansas and they went out of business in the early 80's. All the information on these coaches was detroyed in a flood.
Thanks, Dennis

Mike Miller

Sep 29, 2009, 12:14:14 AM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

djahn wrote on Mon, 28 September 2009 18:50

> Dear Friends,
> I recently purchased a 1975 GMC El Dorado Princess. I'm looking for pictures of both interior and exterior of how it looked originally. I've been told that there weren't very many of these El Dorado coaches made?

A "El Dorado Princess" is a rare bird... I looked to see if I could find anything and only found another post of this forum:

<http://gmc.mybirdfeeder.net/GMCforum/index.php?t=tree&goto=16293&rid=153#page_top>

I KNOW I have seen a picture that said it was of a Princess. I haven't been able to find it. I think it was only of the outsides.

Anyway, at least anything about the body and chassis discussed on this forum will apply to your coach. That only leaves the furnishings and house systems to figure out!
--
Mike Miller
`73 26' X Painted D.

MICHAEL FOSTER

Sep 29, 2009, 1:11:27 AM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Michael

David L Greenberg

Sep 29, 2009, 8:04:22 AM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:50:49 -0500 Dennis Jahn <jahn...@hughes.net>
writes:

> Dear Friends,
> I recently purchased a 1975 GMC El Dorado Princess. I'm looking
> for pictures of both interior and exterior of how it looked
> originally. I've been told that there weren't very many of these El
> Dorado coaches made?
> Thank you

I show six El Dorados in the Registry Dennis. Send me the TZE/VIN by
direct mail and I'll update the owner file and tell you what I know about
your coach.

David Lee Greenberg
Port St Lucie, FL
Dedicated to the Preservation of the Classic GMC Motorhome
http://GMCmhRegistry.com
48 Packard Super Eight
Online College Degrees
Advance your education and jumpstart your career. Research schools!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=OnlFFjMQxLgvsdjznV0VcgAAJ1Csyv5OnZl2mKFYY98JLnqKAAQAAAAFAAAAADvfTz4AAAMqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSJAAAAAA=

David L Greenberg

Sep 29, 2009, 8:37:06 AM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:14:14 -0500 Mike Miller <m00...@gmail.com>
writes:

> I KNOW I have seen a picture that said it was of a Princess. I
> haven't been able to find it. I think it was only of the outsides.
>
> Anyway, at least anything about the body and chassis discussed on
> this forum will apply to your coach. That only leaves the
> furnishings and house systems to figure out!
> --
> Mike Miller
> `73 26' X Painted D.
> `78 23' Birchaven
> Hillsboro, OR

There is a photo of a Princess at my web site's GMC Gallery. It is the
3rd from the bottom, on the left. Nothing special about the exterior.
Photo came from ebay 2 years ago when Mike O'Keefe had one of his El
Dorados at auction.
http://www.gmcmhregistry.com/Gallery.html

David Lee Greenberg
Port St Lucie, FL
Dedicated to the Preservation of the Classic GMC Motorhome
http://GMCmhRegistry.com
48 Packard Super Eight

Free Phones with a Plan. All Cellular Carriers- Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOYrqUGOZBo6lUIRtGBhjimjDNPsBEO9UtuLgeWr7NIjXW9IxPraw/

Dennis Jahn

Sep 29, 2009, 1:06:35 PM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Micheal,
Thanks for the input. I would be glad to send some pictures but I'm not real computer literate. My email is jahnclan@ hughes.net if you would contact me I will send some pictures along. I went to the convention in Pueblo Colorado yesterday and I'm thinking I have a diamond in the rough rather than a piece of coal!
Thanks, Dennis

Dennis Jahn

Sep 29, 2009, 1:45:59 PM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

David,
Thanks for the help, I will be sending my vin# along shortly. It's a small world, the coach that you discribed to me and is pictured in the gallery is in fact now sitting in my backyard! I went to the convention in Pueblo, Colorado yesterday and most the RV people seem to think I have a diamond in the rough rather than a piece of coal. I purchased the coach on ebay in May. It was located in Lake Havasu City, AZ. The man I purchased it from bought it in Bullhead City.
Thanks again for your imput,
Dennis

Mike Miller

Sep 29, 2009, 1:54:16 PM9/29/09
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

djahn wrote on Tue, 29 September 2009 10&#58;45
> ... It's a small world, the coach that you discribed to me and is pictured in the gallery is in fact now sitting in my backyard! ...

As I heard that they only made SIX Princesses, it was a one in six chance! (Does anyone really know how many where built?) There is another around with "faded red stripes."

Many owners name their coaches. Yours is pretty easy to name... :d

--
Mike Miller
`73 26' X Painted D.