[GMCnet] Tach wire

Emery Stora via Gmclist

Jul 3, 2022, 1:49:44 PM7/3/22
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org, Emery Stora
I know the tach wire goes to the end of the distributor but I cannot find it. Can someone tell me the color?

It is not shown in the wiring diagrams.

Emery Stora
emery...@mac.com

Nelson Wright

Jul 3, 2022, 2:04:59 PM7/3/22
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Emory
I may be wrong, but I don’t remember any factory GMC MH tachometer , so there wouldn’t be a wire.
Nelson
78 Royal rear bath
Belle isle Fl & Nantahala NC

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 3, 2022, at 1:49 PM, Emery Stora via Gmclist <gmc...@list.gmcnet.org> wrote:
>
> I know the tach wire goes to the end of the distributor but I cannot find it. Can someone tell me the color?

James Hupy

Jul 3, 2022, 2:15:22 PM7/3/22
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
That "tach" connector in the HEI cap was for the Handy Dandy GM diagnostic
console used in the dealerships. These were made/marketed by Kent-Moore to
authorized GM dealerships only.
Independent Garages had to make do with Snap-On, or other vendors
for those big expensive machines. I have used both kinds, and they all have
specific good and bad points. There are hand held devices today that do
much the same tasks on modern stuff. We use software programs for laptops
for the EFI stuff as well.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Oregon