[GMCnet] Caster

1 view

Keith V

Oct 9, 2021, 5:25:06 PM10/9/21
to GMC List
Well unfortunately im not as dumb as i thought.
I put offset bushings in my 76 and was still only able to get 0 degrees caster.
So i figured i put them on backwards.
Pulled it apart today and they are in correctly with the hole closest to the balljoint.

So now what do I do?
Put my new offset bushings in the front?
Seems like the only fix

Keith vasilakes
1976 ex royale
Minnesota

John R. Lebetski

Oct 10, 2021, 11:00:53 AM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Do you have the cams set to pull the rear of the arm inboard? Rear offset should have hole near ball joint as you mentioned. If fronts are done the
the hole should be inboard to move front of arm outboard and balljoint rearward.
How are you measuring caster?
--
John Lebetski
Woodstock, IL

Keith V

Oct 10, 2021, 11:14:45 AM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Yeah the cams were set all the way in in back and out in front. There is an old school alignment shop that specializes on streetrods. Had it on his rack. So im sure he measured it right.

The problem looks to be mostly on the pass side as the cams on the drivers side are only 1/2 way

So hopefully putting the bushings on the front will fix it
Oct 10, 2021, 12:03:35 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Gm build 'quality' ?
Oct 10, 2021, 12:33:50 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Yeah, i made sure front and rear were correct height on the rack. Im usually pretty good at being the outlier.
Ill put the offsets in the front and try again