[GMCnet] Re: Fuel injection question for those who have switched.

閲覧: 5 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Bob Dunahugh

未読、
2021/08/14 3:17:382021/08/14
To: gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
A list of the qualities of a carb. There are NONE.
Before 1988. The carb was king. And high mileage engines were approaching 100,000 miles. Since the changeover to EFI in 1988. 200,000 miles and up are common. Owners get all over about oil. If you want longevity. It lives in EFI.
There are some nice EFI systems out there. Vtech, and Atomic work well. Great for close to home. Just hope that they don't fail. Just outside of a town called Nowhere Villa. Because you just might spend a week there. Counting power poles. For something to do. With the GM Howell. You'll get the part that day. Or the next morning for parts. Since putting a GM/Nowell EFI on. Never had to touch it. And the tail pipe is just pure clean.
Bob Dunahugh

Jim Kanomata

未読、
2021/08/14 12:14:072021/08/14
To: gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Bob,
You and other people that understand the True EFI system and not a
glorified Squirt Gun unit.
Knowledgeable people: Walt Halley, Tom Hampton,Ken Henderson,Randy Van
Winkle ,Fred Hudspeth and three to 400 others that are running the Howell
bases unit with the EBL ECM with GM parts.
We at Applied sell ALL the brands, but get complaints that those Throttle
units are not getting
better mileage and lot are getting less. Why, is the distributor control/
Ignition timing.
Yes, there are slightly more wires to sensors to install, but well worth
it.
--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA

Bob Dunahugh

未読、
2021/08/14 12:33:112021/08/14
To: gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Milage is more in the correct timing. At various throttle position. That's my position. The EBL made the EFI even better. The short cut to destroying a good engine. Keep those junk, way out dated carbs on. That ship is sinking. Bob Dunahugh