[GMCnet] Sway bar bushings

Scott Campbell

Oct 11, 2021, 9:11:14 AM10/11/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I ordered the MOOG K5253 sway bar bushings and they are NOT right, my sway
bar is 1 1/16 ``. does anybody know the correct part number for rubber
bushings? Has my sway bar been upgraded?

--
Scott Campbell
Jack of All, Master of None!

Richard

Oct 11, 2021, 11:21:02 AM10/11/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Scott,

I do not know about the Moog bushings, but I recently installed polyurethane replacements for the sway bar.
Energy Suspension 9.5169R 1-1/16" Sway Bar Bushing Set
Energy Suspension 9.8122R End Link Set

Richard
--
'77 Birchaven TZE...777;
'76 Palm Beach under construction;

James Hupy

Oct 11, 2021, 11:58:19 AM10/11/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Not commonly known but, there are at least 2 diameters of front anti sway
bar that were fitted on GMC coaches. I think that they were referred to by
the factory as standard vs. heavy duty. Or, early production vs. late
production.
There are some aftermarket bars out there that are larger still, as
well as the steering stabilizers.(that shock absorber looking thing mounted
horizontally on the front steering linkage).
Jim Hupy
Salem, Oregon

Scott Campbell

Oct 12, 2021, 8:50:33 AM10/12/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Thanks Richard I ended up ordering both
--
Scott Campbell
Jack of All, Master of None!
President AMCA River Valley Chapter
1980 FXEF, 1997 XL, 2000 FLHT, 2014 FLD
1982 Chevy G20
1973 GMC Glacier Motorhome

Richard

Oct 12, 2021, 10:00:45 PM10/12/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
You're welcome, Scott, glad to hear it.

I like the quote in your sig file and recently learned that the original quote was longer.

A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.

Changes the meaning a lot... and makes me happier about my life choices! 😉