[GMCnet] Applied GMC (Jim K) Sliding Battery Tray

D C *Mac* Macdonald

Dec 11, 2011, 12:00:13 PM12/11/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Okay, it's here. No instuructions, but I can
figure out how to bolt it down to the wood
compartment floor.

It came with a frame that apparently is for
hold down purposes of the two golf cart units.

However, there are two long bolts with that are
bent back about 100-110 degrees that would appear
to be for hooking the top frame to the sliding
"carrier" for hold down. For the life of me, I
can't see where or how these bolts fasten to
the bottom of the carrier. I don't know if
there was supposed to be an instruction sheet
included, but none was there. What am I missing?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~~ ~ D C "Mac" Macdonald ~ ~~
~ ~ Amateur Radio - K2GKK ~ ~
~ ~ USAF and FAA, Retired ~ ~
~ ~ ~ Oklahoma City, OK ~ ~ ~
~~ ~ ~ "The Money Pit" ~ ~ ~~
~ ~ ~ ex-Palm Beach, 76 ~ ~ ~
~ www.gmcmhphotos.com/okclb ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

steve & debbie

Dec 12, 2011, 12:04:38 AM12/12/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Hello,

If you bought it from Jim K, perhaps he would talk you through it over the phone. He has always been very helpful to me.
Hope you can get it sorted.

cheers and beers
--
Steve & Debbie
Monticello, FL

Jim Kanomata

Dec 12, 2011, 12:48:40 AM12/12/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org
Our supplier has been selling them to GMC people and never had an
instruction sheet.
Most hit us on our toll free line and ask for instruction .
I feel we should send one out with each.
I will send you one that I will create.

--
Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC, Fremont,CA

George Rudawsky

Dec 12, 2011, 4:00:13 AM12/12/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Ii also have that same tray that I bought from Jim. The two bolts on mine attach through two holes at the end of the tray (just above the bottom on the end panels) to provide a hold down for the batteries.

Don't remember if they came pre-drilled or if I had to drill them myself, but it was an easy job. Ii also think that putting some electrical tape or other insulator on the upper battery hold-down bracket would be a good idea as I worry about creating a short while placing the upper bracket in place.

It is a nice quality piece that you'll love the first time you have to pull the batteries out to refill or replace. Just be sure the battery terminals are not binding or catching while pulling the tray out.
--
George Rudawsky
Chicago, IL

Pete

Dec 12, 2011, 1:55:56 PM12/12/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

When installing the tray, ensure the battery compartment wood floor is in good condition. There is a lot of weight levering against the tray and floor when extended, and the concern is that the mounting screws might pull out of deteriorated wood.
--
Pete Smay
Long Beach, CA

George Rudawsky

Dec 12, 2011, 2:06:29 PM12/12/11
to gmc...@temp.gmcnet.org

Good point!

I used some long bolts with backing washers (or it may have been through an aluminum support) on the innermost mounts as they would take the pulling forces when the tray is extended. The outermost mounts are really only there for positioning, so are not as critical.

--
George Rudawsky
Chicago, IL

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 4:20:13 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
This tray is NLA - anyone got one they don't use?

Larry
--
Larry - Victoria BC -

1977 Palm Beach 40,000 miles, PO said everything working but forgot the word NOT. New Atwood fridge, water heater & furnace. New SS exhaust system,
6000w Onan, Iota Converter, R134A A/C, New fuel lines & heat exchange hoses

Rob

Oct 7, 2021, 4:26:31 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Holy old thread bump, Batman!

Are you talking about this tray:

https://www.ragusarv.com/product/rear-sliding-battery-tray/

Ragusa indicates they have "6 in stock". Hard to say if that's accurate or not...

I've bought directly from Ragusa in the past...

Rob
76 Royale Twin Beds, Dry Bath
Victoria, BC

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 5:57:47 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Rob wrote on Thu, 07 October 2021 13:26
> Holy old thread bump, Batman!
>
> Are you talking about this tray:
>
> https://www.ragusarv.com/product/rear-sliding-battery-tray/
>
> Ragusa indicates they have "6 in stock".

Nope. JimK has those and I might end up getting one ...BUT...I'm looking for the stainless one mentioned in the necropost above and they are NLA at
AppliedGMC

thanks anyway Rob
BTW Shirley dump working again on kerbside station, used it yesterday although it dead eat ONE of my quarters. :)

Rob

Oct 7, 2021, 6:06:39 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I don't see details about the tray you mention in this thread - perhaps you're referring to another post from 2011?

But I avoid the forum like you avoid Apple products...

Rob
76 Royale Twin Beds, Dry Bath
Victoria, BC

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 6:51:05 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Sorry Rob, at my age I get confused, y'know!

here's the tray I'd LIKE to install, Colin said there were balance(?) issues with his Ragusa?

https://www.gmcrvparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AP11.1

Billy Massey

Oct 7, 2021, 11:25:12 PM10/7/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I've got one that I no longer use. I went to Lfp batteries, so no longer
have to keep such a close eye on them. 🙂

Nelson Wright

Oct 8, 2021, 8:02:38 AM10/8/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
I have one also but shipping it to Canada would be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Nelson Wright

Orlando Fl.

> On Oct 7, 2021, at 11:25 PM, Billy Massey <bdub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've got one that I no longer use. I went to Lfp batteries, so no longer

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 10:55:30 AM10/8/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Nelson wrote on Fri, 08 October 2021 05:02
> I have one also but shipping it to Canada would be an issue.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Nelson Wright
>
> Orlando Fl.

I have a Washington State address. Let me know what you want for it.

David H. Jarvis

Oct 10, 2021, 2:41:46 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Ship anything to Seawings in Blaine.
Pick it up at Victoria airport.
Cheap like borscht.

Rob

Oct 10, 2021, 4:18:07 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
In this case - “cheap” starts @ $18 CAD + brokerage.

But I think Larry has family/friends in Seattle - so that might be cheaper still!

Rob
Victoria, BC
76 Royale - Rear Twins/Dry Bath

> On Oct 10, 2021, at 11:41 AM, David H. Jarvis <jarv...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> Ship anything to Seawings in Blaine.

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 8:01:42 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Harry wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 11:41
> Ship anything to Seawings in Blaine.
> Pick it up at Victoria airport.
> Cheap like borscht.

Way ahead of ya Harry, that's what I do.

Larry
--
Larry - Victoria BC -

1977 Palm Beach 40,000 miles, PO said everything working but forgot the word NOT. New Atwood fridge, water heater & furnace. New SS exhaust system,
6000w Onan, Iota Converter, R134A A/C, New fuel lines & heat exchange hoses

twll...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 8:04:09 PM10/10/21
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Rob wrote on Sun, 10 October 2021 13:18
> In this case - “cheap” starts @ $18 CAD + brokerage.
>
> But I think Larry has family/friends in Seattle - so that might be cheaper still!
>
> Rob
> Victoria, BC
> 76 Royale - Rear Twins/Dry Bath

Yes Rob, I do Seawings and family in Seattle but with the damn covids it has to be Seawings for foreseeable future :cry:

Larry