[GMCnet] AC compressors

Hanson Email

Jun 26, 2022, 5:54:22 PM6/26/22
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Sorry I did not pay attention when this subject comes up in the past. Fellow
club member has a '78. And needs a compressor. Is there a place to get OEM
overhauled, exchanged or? Yes I know He can get a Sanden from Applied.

Opinions please.

Dean Hanson

75 Avion

And yes, I had to have that Glacier I bought hauled home.

PSS: I have a GREAT transporter in NORCAL. PM me if you need a transporter.

Jim Kanomata

Jun 26, 2022, 10:10:39 PM6/26/22
to gmc...@list.gmcnet.org
Just go to any parts place and get a Rebuilt unit
We had such poor failer rate, we decide to utilize New Sanden
--
Jim Kanomata ASE
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA

Kenneth Henderson

Jun 27, 2022, 7:15:52 AM6/27/22
to GMC Mail List
Dean,

After having a lot of experience with the OEM compressor, I converted to
the Sanden configuration, first on the 455 and then on the 500. NO WAY I'd
even THINK about replacing an OEM compressor. Just the improved engine
access with the Sanden is worth the conversion, IMHO. And if the largest
Sanden (S15?) is used, it will definitely perform as well as the old A6.

JMHO,

Ken H.