Urgent request for someone to assume Group Ownership

Kenneth “Ken” Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 10:07:16 AMMar 6
to GMCMH EFI
Now that I've developed Parkinson's Disease and turned 87 years old, it's time for me to yield ownership of this group to someone else.  Every character that gets posted by me probably represents at least 3 key-strokes because I make so many errors which I must then correct.  I simply can't continue this way.  Anyone willing to take charge, please volunteer NOW.  If you're not already an "Owner" of the group, I'll TRY to figure out how to make you one.  :-)

Ken H.

James Hupy

Mar 6, 2024, 10:20:18 AMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Darn it Ken, I am really sorry to hear that. Only our enemies should be candidates for that misery. There are some effective treatments out there. Our president of the Cascaders also has MS and they did a surgery on his head that stopped the tremors. Not a cure, but it limits some of the symptoms. Hang in there.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Or.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024, 7:07 AM Kenneth “Ken” Henderson <ken0he...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now that I've developed Parkinson's Disease and turned 87 years old, it's time for me to yield ownership of this group to someone else.  Every character that gets posted by me probably represents at least 3 key-strokes because I make so many errors which I must then correct.  I simply can't continue this way.  Anyone willing to take charge, please volunteer NOW.  If you're not already an "Owner" of the group, I'll TRY to figure out how to make you one.  :-)

Ken H.

Gerald Work

Mar 6, 2024, 10:25:39 AMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

So sorry to hear of your Parkinson’s diagnosis.  We remember fondly our time together in Kerby and at so many GMC events.  All our best to you guys!  And, yes, even without Parkinson’s typing on a keyboard has become a “type it and correct it” event for us in our mid 80s (grin).

Jerry and Sharon

Jerry Work
The Dovetail Joint
Fine furniture designed & hand crafted
in the 1907 former Masonic Temple building
in historic Kerby, OR

Larry Weidner

Mar 6, 2024, 10:26:50 AMMar 6
to GMC EFI group
Ken,
Have you asked Randy VW if he would do it. To me he is a logical candidate.
JWIT
Larry

Dave Stragand

Mar 6, 2024, 10:36:21 AMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that, Ken.  Hang in there, and take it all day by day.  If you need someone to manage the list, I would be happy to.  Admittedly I am not as knowledgable about EFI as others here, but I have been running listservs since 1994, so I can at least help in that respect.

-Dave Stragand
1978 Transmode near Pittsburgh

Mar 6, 2024, 10:47:43 AMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Ken,
Very sorry to hear of your health issues.  Hope you can get some effective treatments.

I sent a message to Christo over at the new GMCmotorhome.org forum asking if it would be possible to import the existing messages from the Google Group into another subsection of the Forum page, like he did for the GMCNet messages.  If he could, this Googlegroup could live on under its own section of this forum and possibly get more interest because of its presence among all the users of the Forum.

Google has already made changes that caused us to lose documents.  You never know when these big tech companies will just close down an application.  The Forum has a Resources section where we could store Documents and hopefully BINs etc.

Hope I didn't step on any toes by suggesting this.

Bruce Hislop
On 06/03/2024 9:07 a.m., Kenneth “Ken” Henderson wrote:
Now that I've developed Parkinson's Disease and turned 87 years old, it's time for me to yield ownership of this group to someone else.  Every character that gets posted by me probably represents at least 3 key-strokes because I make so many errors which I must then correct.  I simply can't continue this way.  Anyone willing to take charge, please volunteer NOW.  If you're not already an "Owner" of the group, I'll TRY to figure out how to make you one.  :-)

Ken H.

Bill Van Vlack

Mar 6, 2024, 11:41:21 AMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com

Bill Van Vlack

Mar 6, 2024, 12:20:39 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
And here's a copy of a reply from Christo (moderator of the GMC Motorhome Forum) when I asked him about it a year or so ago...

What I do know about Groups is that only the group owner can download an archive of the content. If there's an interest in importing it into a section of this forum, I could go back to the consultant that did the GMCnet import and see what he says. It would probably cost several hundred dollars to do the work.

I'd be willing to contribute some $ to this effort if needed.

Bill

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 12:53:05 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Jerry,

It's great to hear from you -- I think of you often, even if I do
nothing about it. :-)

My Parkinson's isn't real bad, only dominant on the left hand. But
that means I can't hold a phone and hit the keys with the right
fingers. :-( And for someone who's always claimed to be "unable to
scratch my butt with my left hand", it's proven to be quite a loss.
For example, our 2004 Lexus LS430 needed a 4-5 hour replacement of the
timing belt and waterpump. I'm hoping to finish the job today --
after more like 4-5 WEEKS. :-( And that's with Alan coming to help
one day.

Gotta go -- SHE just drove in from Garden Club event,

Y'all take care.

Ken
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/F61B59FF-02FC-4A96-9D40-76A3C604E011%40mac.com.

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 1:17:47 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Thanks for your note. Even now that I no longer have a GMC, I still
appreciate your technical input on the various sites.

I know of the brain surgery for Parkinson's, but my condition's not
yet bad enough to justify it. And, while my health, despite 30+ years
of type 2 diabetes, is really quite good, I probably would not agree
to surgery at my age -- just don't think it would be worth the hassle
for the few years ahead.

Y'All take care of yourselves -- and come to see us the next time
you're in the neighborhood. :-)

Ken H.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/CALxoeyu5QD%2BUttYUdDumTf6Kw3iwk4r-XDhqSnARgaajWMamkA%40mail.gmail.com.

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 1:22:51 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

I appreciate your offer. In fact, just today while purging old files
from my laptop, I came across your earlier offer to help. THANK YOU.
However, the first response I had today was from Jon Roche; I accepted
that, so I can't now accept yours. But I'm sure Jon will appreciate
any help anyone offers -- please approach him.

Ken H.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/IA2PR16MB652033F5C4F19E7DCFEEA184BB212%40IA2PR16MB6520.namprd16.prod.outlook.com.

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 1:32:27 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion; Randy certainly would be a logical
candidate, especially since he stepped up and replaced the features
Google "stole" from us a few years ago; the consequent tie with his
web site would probably be helpful. Perhaps he and Jon Roche will
work together.

Are Y'All still visiting Florida from time to time? If so, PLEASE
stop by for a visit. Our health, despite age and deterioration, is
pretty darned good so you'd not be a burden and we'd love to see
Y'All.

Give Lucy a hug from me.

Ken H.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/E7BE2615-2D68-44B2-9FE6-95521759F010%40wwt.net.

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 1:44:41 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Bruce,

No harm in trying, 'tho' I suspect there's little compatibility
between the formats for an on-going cooperation. Saving historical
files might, however, be worthwhile. There should be a lot of good
information here from the early days when we were all learning about
EFI and how to move it tothe old GMC.
Ken H.

I doubt anyone is offended by any effort to support the GMC community.
Even though I've passed our GMC on to son Alan, I still feel a part of
the group.

In case anyone hasn't heard: During 21-24 March, GMC Dixielanders is
having a rally at Brickyards RV park, 20 miles from our home. At
least 20 couples, most old GMC friends of ours, are scheduled to
attend. We're thinking of it as a "Goodbye Party" since it's doubtful
we'll get to see most of them again "on this side". :-)

Take care,

Ken H.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/856177a2-4e20-4c8c-9b06-756c9dabea3c%40gmail.com.

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 6, 2024, 1:53:16 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Gerald,

Every time I think of our trips to the West Coast, I think of Kerby,
OR and of the great time we had visiting with Y'All. You have a truly
unique and wonderful home. I SO glad you're still enjoying it. And
I'm sorry we won't be visiting there again. :-)

If you & Sharon really get in a travelling mood, come to see us!

Ken H.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 10:25 AM 'Gerald Work' via GMCMH EFI
<gmcm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/F61B59FF-02FC-4A96-9D40-76A3C604E011%40mac.com.

Larry Weidner

Mar 6, 2024, 2:46:56 PMMar 6
to GMC EFI group
Hi Ken,
Hugs given…gladly!
Jon is a great person to be taking this. A really good choice.

We did not travel Florida this year instead, went west. Now in Texas for the Mineola rally. It is gonna be a good one! Will be sure to stop and see you two the next time we travel to Florida. Hope your health continues to hold up. Get’n old ain't for sissies.

Hugs to Elaine from us.

Larry :-)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/CANsh1i1XNbqvt%3DCzBLHqE-F1vpvujd5hYy9ie_O1rTScERsRuw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sandra Price

Mar 6, 2024, 3:35:52 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Ken.  Just hopping in to say hi to you and Elaine.

My heart is still with our GMC friends.  It was a wonderful 15 years for Bob and me getting to know and spend time with some of the best people in the world.  GMCing really gets into your blood.  So thankful.

Hi, to the rest of you.  Each name holds special memories for me.

Be well and stay happy!

Sandra

On Wed, Mar 6, 2024, 8:07 AM Kenneth “Ken” Henderson <ken0he...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now that I've developed Parkinson's Disease and turned 87 years old, it's time for me to yield ownership of this group to someone else.  Every character that gets posted by me probably represents at least 3 key-strokes because I make so many errors which I must then correct.  I simply can't continue this way.  Anyone willing to take charge, please volunteer NOW.  If you're not already an "Owner" of the group, I'll TRY to figure out how to make you one.  :-)

Ken H.

Billie Kelley

Mar 6, 2024, 6:28:03 PMMar 6
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
My sweet Ken & Elaine,

I’m so sorry you’re having these challenges in your life. You both have always held a special place in my heart these many years! You’re such a hoot, & I always laugh when you call Elaine SHE.😂

When Lanny was alive, it was such a blessing to join you Dixielanders in Bristol & tour the Speedway together. It was always on his bucket list, & y’all helped make his dream come true. I can still see all of us in a line on that STEEP incline of the track! And then riding in that van, not even all the way up, with everyone leaning! I was next to a window on the driver’s side & felt, if this thing turns over, they’re gonna fall on me! 😂

So many treasured memories with all of you! Y’all have touched my life in special ways & helped me grow! For that, I’m eternally grateful!! Thank you for letting us know what’s going on so we can stand alongside you both! Y’all are most certainly in our hearts & prayers!! Remember, my phone is always on, & I LOVE to pray for people & brag on God! That’s my job! Please stay in touch, dear ones! What touches you, touches me! And it certainly touches the Heart of God! You are NOT alone, dear friend!! We care!

Most sincerely,
Billie Young Kelley 💝🙏🏻😎

Sent from my iPhone

Kenneth Henderson

Mar 9, 2024, 10:08:46 AMMar 9
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Sandra,

SO good to hear from you -- it's been far too long since we've seen
you! And, unfortunately it will probably be longer in the future. ;-(

It was wonderful to have you stir up all those old memories! You've
got quite a memory. Congratulations.

SHE and I REALLY enjoyed hearing from you.

Ken H.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmcmh-efi/CACiPou%3DVmVcCTTnMtyKNdY%3DDhL-AYZqhTS05eAnV8Bpgmnn_Qg%40mail.gmail.com.

James Hupy

Mar 9, 2024, 10:24:49 AMMar 9
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Ken, we really enjoyed your visit when you traveled out West with your grandson. Remember the "Spruce Goose"? That museum visit with you was great. Stay well, my friend.
Jim Hupy
Salem, Or.

gbec...@graestone.org

Mar 9, 2024, 10:29:04 AMMar 9
to EFI GoogleList
Yes, I was just thinking about when you and your grandson stopped here. We had a great visit. Be well. Parkinson’s is a hateful disease.

On Mar 9, 2024, at 7:24 AM, James Hupy <james...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ken, we really enjoyed your visit when you traveled out West with your grandson. Remember the "Spruce Goose"? That museum visit with you was great. Stay well, my friend.
Jim Hupy

---------
Best Wishes,