EBL Tuning

Cameron

May 4, 2024, 2:48:01 PMMay 4
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
I am (hopefully) entering the tuning phase of my EBL install and looking for any detail people may have collected on the table values in the bin files.

I have not been able to find some sort of listing that says in the spark advance table the X axis is RPM and the Y axis is ?.

*especially* helpful would be why some of the values would need to be changed from the basic bin settings.

is something like that published?  I have found the acronym page, but even that is a bit slim in the details.

thanks for the help!
Cameron

Bruce Hislop

May 4, 2024, 3:02:35 PMMay 4
to GMC Motorhome EFI Group
Are you running a 455 or a 403 with the EBL?  Should be able to send you a working BIN file.

Bruce Hislop

Cameron

May 4, 2024, 3:16:36 PMMay 4
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
thanks Bruce!

I am a running a 455.

I do have a working bin. but, would gladly take a bin for comparison.

I am just trying to understand what it is I am doing and when the axises arent labeled, I dont really know what I am supposed to be seeing..

Cameron

Bill Van Vlack

May 4, 2024, 3:57:16 PMMay 4
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
In TunerPro, the X-axis is absolute pressure (inverse of vacuum) and the Y-axis is RPM; just like the VE tables. 100 would be atmospheric pressure or wide-open throttle.

image.png

*especially* helpful would be why some of the values would need to be changed from the basic bin settings.

 If your 455 engine is more or less stock, then a BIN that has been configured for a 455 should not need to be  changed for tuning - except to save VE values per the VE learn process. Also, if you want your mileage to be accurate on the WUD, you need to set the injector #/hr parameter to correctly, and make sure that the VSS-pulses per mile parameter is correct.

But people do change BIN file values for various reasons. You can search this group and the third gen board for twenty years of discussion.

In the meantime the attached file should give you lots of fun reading.

--
How GM Electronic Fuel Injection Works.txt

Cameron

May 4, 2024, 5:57:17 PMMay 4
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
thanks Bill!

the document references a couple tables lost when converting this to text.  any chance you know how I can find those tables?

Cameron

Bill Van Vlack

May 4, 2024, 6:38:39 PMMay 4
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
The document was written about the OEM ECU, not the EBL version. The tables were probably stored in the OEM PROM and transferred to the EBL chip. If so, they can found in TunerPro under 'Tables'.