76 Cad EFI HEI

bc...@juno.com

Nov 25, 2023, 5:37:26 PM11/25/23
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
I have been testing and repairing the 70s Cad ECUs for most of this
century. Does he have the OEM 76 system, or a newer computer?
Available are drawings for the OEM internal circuits, and upgrades
to some of its weak points.

I am pretty sure I can come up with a 500/425 HEI base for those
engines. They are the same as the carb version, except for the
Speed Sensors. Some of those around have been rebuilt with the
Speed Sensors turned around, resulting in a rough idle. Here is a
sheet I made to show proper phasing.

Bruce Roe
[GMCMH-EFI] Cadillac 500 / Analog FI Distributor
From: dolph <do...@dolphsantorine.com>
To:GMCMH EFI <gmcm...@googlegroups.com> 25 Nov 23

A friend has a coach with the 8.1 (500) Cadillac and the multi-port fuel injection.

He's looking for a distributor with the "speed sensor" on the distributor shaft.

If anyone has one, please let me know. It seems that's the last piece he
needs to get his coach running.

Thanks

SS10Oct23.jpeg