AE Tuning question

Cameron

Aug 23, 2023, 11:55:51 AM8/23/23
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

many of you have seen quite a few questions from me lately on my new install.  I appreciate all the feedback and patience.

my latest status is the vehicle is up and running and mostly pretty good.  however, I am getting some issues with acceleration from a stop.  so, leaving a stop sign/light.  I believe this is an AE issue, but I dont know which direction to move which table.  or where to start (dTPS?  dMAP?).  I think my changes would be isolated to the following 5 tables;

image.png

I am just not sure of the best place to start.  or, maybe more importantly, what NOT to change.

a contributing factor, I believe is the throttle pedal is currently very sticky of the start.  so, it is hard to slowly increment into the acceleration.  I am going to try and get some of the tension out of the spring this weekend to try and make it easier to ease into acceleration.  but, any suggestions on how to start tuning the AE would be appreciated.

thanks!
Cameron

Keith V

Aug 24, 2023, 12:04:50 AM8/24/23
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com

Throttle stick can be caused by improper pull angle. In other words the throttle cable mount is probably too low.

Raise the mount so it’s level or above the connection point

Sent from Mail for Windows

Eelko Byker

Aug 24, 2023, 7:22:08 AM8/24/23
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
lubricate the cable hang the engine end up high tie a plastic baggie around it and fill with oil a half hour later it will drip out the other end  fixed my very sticky throttle this way

Cameron

Aug 24, 2023, 10:23:42 AM8/24/23
to gmcm...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the suggestions, I will try both.