Re: Groovy 2.5.10 support

Keegan Witt

Apr 4, 2020, 11:22:36 AM4/4/20
to Yevgeniy Popov, GMavenPlus
Can you clarify the problem you're seeing?  The plugin doesn't have any Groovy dependencies in it and instead uses reflection to interact with Groovy classes specifically to prevent this kind of problem.

-Keegan

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 9:23 AM Yevgeniy Popov <fox...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

Me and my team are going to start usage plugin for compiling groovy test. We use OpenJDK 14, and, currently, plugin does not support it due to groovy-* 2.5.8 dependencies using inside. Are you going to upgrade your dependencies in nearest future?

Thanks,
Yevgeniy

Yevgeniy Popov

Apr 4, 2020, 12:45:38 PM4/4/20
to GMavenPlus
Hello, Keegan
Actually, I've seen org.codehaus.groovy dependencies in POM with 2.5.8 version. Therefore I thought that it would be useful to increase version up to 2.8.10 at least. Then I cloned your repo and saw that you'd already increased it to 3.0.2
So, that was my concern.

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 6:22:36 PM UTC+3, Keegan Witt wrote:
Can you clarify the problem you're seeing?  The plugin doesn't have any Groovy dependencies in it and instead uses reflection to interact with Groovy classes specifically to prevent this kind of problem.

-Keegan

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 9:23 AM Yevgeniy Popov <fox...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

Me and my team are going to start usage plugin for compiling groovy test. We use OpenJDK 14, and, currently, plugin does not support it due to groovy-* 2.5.8 dependencies using inside. Are you going to upgrade your dependencies in nearest future?

Thanks,
Yevgeniy

Keegan Witt

Apr 4, 2020, 1:12:42 PM4/4/20
to Yevgeniy Popov, GMavenPlus
That dependency is only there for tests. It is not a runtime dependency.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmavenplus/b8f3ddd6-f60c-4885-8212-6034fcf5b666%40googlegroups.com.

Yevgeniy Popov

Apr 4, 2020, 2:58:56 PM4/4/20
to GMavenPlus
Than you for clarification. My core problem is, exactly, tests compilation within JDK14 environment. I've got the problem like this one:  "Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmavenplus:gmavenplus-plugin:1.6.2:compileTests (default) on project time-common: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.gmavenplus:gmavenplus-plugin:1.6.2:compileTests failed: Unrecognized target bytecode: '14'". I dug dipper an realized that only the groovy 3+ supports JDK14.
Nevertheless, we will wait for dependencies update.

Keegan Witt

Apr 4, 2020, 3:49:42 PM4/4/20
to Yevgeniy Popov, GMavenPlus
Ah. That's a different issue (https://github.com/groovy/GMavenPlus/issues/152).  I check for known versions to help make sure you didn't pass a Java version in that won't work with your Groovy version (if I recall the error was hard to figure out, which is why I added the check originally).  I added (https://github.com/groovy/GMavenPlus/pull/153) 14 as a valid option, and also added a flag so you can bypass that check.  That will be coming in the next release that I'll be doing in the next day or so.

-Keegan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gmavenplus/b9dca977-8a78-4f20-b478-db29c95e3ea1%40googlegroups.com.

Keegan Witt

Apr 4, 2020, 5:12:26 PM4/4/20