GMarks NOW WORKING (May 23)

TheVisitor

May 23, 2013, 3:59:25 PM5/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

I updated the plugin. Just open it with firefox!
http://zinyth2600.free.fr/gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi

Enjoy :-)
gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi

Steve

May 24, 2013, 9:38:40 AM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update it's fully functional again - what did you have to do to get it working?

José Nogueira

May 24, 2013, 10:19:29 AM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
It's not working.

If you login to your google account prior to reloading the bookmarks on Gmarks, it will work with the official version, no need for an unofficial one.

Will uninstall and install the old one.

Zinyth

May 24, 2013, 11:13:10 AM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
The official release isn't working anymore: you can see your bookmarks but not edit, modify or delete them. This is because Google has changed the name of the parameters sent when submiting a modification.

You can just try to use the old release and see the request sent to the server (using livehttpheaders or tamperdata) and compare to the official google requests (using their bookmarklets).

José Nogueira

May 24, 2013, 11:58:44 AM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Yours isn't working either..

Just try using it when you're not logged in.
(without having the bookmarks loaded, of course..)

Steve

May 24, 2013, 12:03:25 PM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about you Jose but it definitely is working fine for me..

José Nogueira

May 24, 2013, 12:10:50 PM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
ok..

I've  tried several time installing and uninstalling, changing access data, still not working =/

I'm using firefox 21.0 on windows XP (at work..). What are you using?

Will try on different machines when I get home.

Steve

May 24, 2013, 12:17:10 PM5/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I'm running FF 21 on Windows 8 32bit

You do need to be logged in to Google first (the same login details as GMarks of course) otherwise no version of GMarks will log in - that's how it's always been?

Brad

May 25, 2013, 10:08:58 AM5/25/13
to GMarks
Fantastic! Thank you so much, I'm totally reliant on this working
between work & home so it's great to have it up and running again. As
noted by others, still need to be logged into google profile to work
but that's an existing bug. Anyone up for that challenge?

On May 23, 12:59 pm, TheVisitor <zin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated the plugin. Just open it with firefox!http://zinyth2600.free.fr/gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi
>
> Enjoy :-)
>
>  gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi
> 221KViewDownload

k li

May 26, 2013, 3:04:46 PM5/26/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
thank you! it works again!

Ludo Jambrich

May 27, 2013, 3:06:10 AM5/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

manuel vh

May 27, 2013, 4:15:00 AM5/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
working in linux and windows :)

Thank you very much!!

manuel vh

May 27, 2013, 12:45:55 PM5/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
It's strange but with this version of the extension enabled I can't add videos to youtube.com playlists. I have checked with "favorites" and "watch later" special playlists

Bruno Carvalho

May 27, 2013, 9:42:28 PM5/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
for me doesn't works! I type my password and login and nothing hapens, the panel goes blank.
 :-(

John Crouchley

May 28, 2013, 7:49:49 AM5/28/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I works for me - thank you.

arte...@gmail.com

May 30, 2013, 10:15:32 AM5/30/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!
It's working again!
GMarks is the most usefull add-on I have. Thanks again. :)

KC lee

Jun 1, 2013, 11:03:25 PM6/1/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
can't show fav ico, other function works fine..

Manuel Borges

Jun 12, 2013, 7:47:42 AM6/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bruno,

Try this:
1: go to www.google.com
2: login with your account
3: close the left panner and open it again and try again.

It should work.

Best regards,
MAB

Manuel Borges

Jun 12, 2013, 7:48:48 AM6/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this.

Its working here in Win7, Win8 and Ubuntu 13.04.

Best regards,
MAB

Philippe Gosselin

Jun 12, 2013, 7:56:18 AM6/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zinyth for the update, thought for a minute what it would be like managing my bookmarks without it, you just made my day.

Phil

Dani Iriarte

Jun 18, 2013, 4:48:12 AM6/18/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zinyth, it work perfectly for me on FF 21.0 + W7. No need to write down my URLs on a notebook again ;-)

Deeg

Jun 18, 2013, 4:28:20 PM6/18/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zinyth, you rock!

pongagt .

Jun 22, 2013, 1:02:45 AM6/22/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot.
It has been driving me crazy for quite a while until i just found this. It wasn't remembering ny new bookmarks. It works great now.

Pavel

Jun 22, 2013, 4:10:44 PM6/22/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Still doesn't work in MacOS X...

pov

Jun 22, 2013, 9:09:47 PM6/22/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
FINALLY working on PCLinuxOS, driving me crazy also. Thankyou, thankyou thankyou ! I tried this before & for some reason it wouldn't work but now is, go figure.

Martin Keefe

Jun 24, 2013, 7:38:03 AM6/24/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Still not reliable in Firefox 21 on Windows 7 64-bit. Works some of the time but not all the time so can't rely on it. Spent hours organizing bookmarks yesterday and all the changes are gone! Firefox also forgot my Google Bookmarks password. I assume these are linked and I suspect Firefox's relentless update policy is partly to blame. Very unhappy!

Steve

Jun 25, 2013, 3:04:34 PM6/25/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
All icons are showing as folders in Firefox 22 - no favicons just folder icons?

Daniel Bontempo

Jun 26, 2013, 5:22:08 PM6/26/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
YES! Thanks. Now workign with FF 22 n moth my Win 7 and Win 8 64bit.

JC33

Jun 27, 2013, 3:44:54 AM6/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
And for Mac OS ?

Robert G

Jul 3, 2013, 7:18:47 PM7/3/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Zinyth --

THANK YOU very much for your unofficial Gmarks update! I can definitely confirm that it works for adding or editing individual bookmarks. However, I'm in a bit of a jam. I need to migrate all my bookmarks (about 4400) from a defunct Google account to a new Google Apps account. I was attempting to do this with Firefox bookmarks Import-->Gmarks Import, but I've discovered that GMarks will NOT DO AN IMPORT no matter what I try. I have tried it on Win XP Pro SP3/Firefox 20, Win 7 Pro/Firefox 22 I have even tried it on Linux using my Pentoo Live CD (although not with your Gmarks update); I have tried it with my actual bookmarks file (exported from Google), and also with smaller test files only containing a dozen bookmarks, but NOTHING WORKS. Once you click "Import" it will even show a progress bar
but at the end you discover nothing has changed, either locally or on the Google server.

Do you have any ideas about this? If I can't get this to work my only recourse will be to use IE with the Google toolbar, but then I will lose my bookmark notes :(
I could really use the help!

Zinyth

Jul 4, 2013, 7:58:49 AM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
You can try this :

1) Export the Google bookmarks using the google feature ;
2) Import this file in firefox (import from HTML)
3) Install the google toolbar in firefox, and use the option "Import bookmarks from firefox".

I didn't try this, but it should work.

Otherwise, you can also :

1) open all your bookmarks in tabs using gmarks (middle click on each folder)
2) Use the bookmark all tabs option in firefox
3) Use the google toolbar to sync firefox & google bookmarks

But you will loose your labels.

Joseph Chang

Jul 10, 2013, 5:20:13 PM7/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Joined this group just to say thanks! Hopefully there were no NSA surveillance codes in that update.

Zinyth

Jul 11, 2013, 4:50:59 AM7/11/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
You should now use this file, patched by shitamo :

http://zinyth2600.free.fr/gmarks-1.0.52-unofficial_shitamo_fx.xpi

Le jeudi 23 mai 2013 21:59:25 UTC+2, Zinyth a écrit :
gmarks-1.0.52-unofficial_shitamo_fx.xpi

Per Jørgensen

Jul 11, 2013, 6:02:23 AM7/11/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Nice fix, thanks for repairing this great addon. :-)

Now I just wish that some could make Importing work.. Still need to import 20000+ bookmarks somehow.

Steve

Jul 11, 2013, 6:43:33 AM7/11/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
This new 1.0.52 version does work.... but if you choose the option to "refresh" GMarks then the icons in the bookmarks toolbar all show as folders (again) until you next restart Firefox 22!
Message has been deleted

mrGatoChile

Jul 12, 2013, 10:28:57 PM7/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I was wishing the same until i got a very large bypass,
1. I have to install Palemon 20.2.1 and the last gmarks 1.0.52
2. Go to the bookmarks website of google and delete all bookmarks(i have already none but  i have to do it)
3. Log in the bookmark website in  Palemon 20.2.1, manage bookmarks in  gmarks and inport.
Using

c6h...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2013, 12:02:29 PM7/15/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I feel stupid about this so please help, I downloaded the 1.0.52 update but windows says "cannot open the file". How do I get the update downloaded into firefox? I'm running W7 and Firefox 22.0
Thanks

c6h...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2013, 12:28:59 PM7/15/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, figured it out by myself................."open with Firefox"

Louis Kruger

Jul 30, 2013, 2:25:31 PM7/30/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
You are a golden god! thank you

c6h...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2013, 10:07:59 AM8/15/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Today, 8/15/13, GMarks is having problems again. When trying to bookmark I get the following error message: There was an error submitting the following bookmark to Google:

Any ideas or solutions?

Bruno Carvalho

Aug 15, 2013, 11:00:16 AM8/15/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I hava also the same problem...

c6h...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2013, 10:12:26 AM8/16/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Not sure how or why, but the next day Aug 16th, GMarks seems to be working again

Miriam Pujol

Aug 20, 2013, 2:55:36 AM8/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Which version will work correctly?

El divendres 16 d’agost de 2013 16:12:26 UTC+2, c6h...@gmail.com va escriure:

c6h...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 10:03:21 AM8/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
version 1.0.52 is working for me.

Miriam Pujol

Aug 20, 2013, 1:49:39 PM8/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
and the new firefox? can you see the icons?

c6h...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 2:20:38 PM8/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Most of the icons (Firefox 23.0.1)

Daniel Feliubadaló

Aug 23, 2013, 3:19:16 AM8/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Works!!! thanks. with  Firefox 23.0.1 and Gmarks 1.0.52

Martin S.

Sep 12, 2013, 1:28:54 AM9/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
It seems that the link is broken, can anyone repost it ?

Thanks,
/Martin

Daniel Feliubadaló

Sep 12, 2013, 3:33:54 AM9/12/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I think this is de last.
gmarks-1.0.52-unofficial_shitamo_fx.xpi

Jordi Garcia Duran

Sep 27, 2013, 12:07:27 PM9/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zinyth, the update posted solved my problem described here with GMarks.

El dijous 23 de maig de 2013 21:59:25 UTC+2, Zinyth va escriure:

Emmanuelle Bresson

Oct 8, 2013, 3:27:17 PM10/8/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Hello Zinyth,

I cannot bookmark in Gmark. it's the first time it happens to me. I tried to open your link but there is a 404 error.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. : should I say that yesterday my motherboard and hard drive were replaced. Maybe it explains my problem?

Emmanuelle Bresson

Oct 9, 2013, 9:25:58 AM10/9/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the link. it worked:)

Emmanuelle

xPol

Oct 11, 2013, 3:30:08 AM10/11/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I have found you have changed the address to http://zinyth2600.free.fr/gmarks-1.0.52-unofficial_shitamo_fx.xpi

it works,

thank you

paolo

Rex Kwan

Oct 21, 2013, 6:21:17 AM10/21/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
One of the feature not working properly:

when a tab that has g-marked url opened, the star icon on the toolbar should be highlighted with yellow color.

The current behavior is the star on/off at one step behind.  say tab A has g-marked, tab B has not.   when tab A is activated, the star is off.  when tab B is activated, the star is on.

sbwinter2

Nov 27, 2013, 1:16:10 PM11/27/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
While the newest version (.52) works for a while, I have to reinstall it almost every time I want to add or delete a bookmark. I get an error message (which I should have written down). Once I reload the file and restart FF, then it works again for a while. I can't find a pattern as to how long it takes for it to stop working. I don't add BMs that often, and I use multiple mac computers - all of which have this same problem. Can this be fixed? I am tired of having to keep reinstalling the plugin, and I really like this plugin a lot. Thanks.

Stanislav S.

Dec 2, 2013, 6:30:47 PM12/2/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Importing not working for Firefox 22 or newer. I hope there will be update... Anyway thanks to Zinyth.

четверг, 23 мая 2013 г., 23:59:25 UTC+4 пользователь Zinyth написал:
Message has been deleted

mrGatoChile

Jan 18, 2014, 8:56:04 PM1/18/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
This error is allways whe i trying to add or import my bookmarks
Fecha: 18/01/2014 22:49:39
Error: NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_IID: Component returned failure code: 0x80570018 (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_IID) [nsIJSCID.getService]
Código Fuente: chrome://gmarks/content/
bookmarkBatch.js
Línea: 101

Kevin Leonte

Apr 11, 2014, 10:30:30 AM4/11/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm running Waterfox 24 and the import doesn't seem to do anything.  It just says importing but it never finishes and shows no signs of activity.  Does it work with Waterfox?

Thanks!
Kevin

brian....@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2014, 11:56:34 PM7/28/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Works for me on FF 31.0, portable (running on a USB drive, Windows OS7 for the desktop). Really awesome to have this working again. Will give it a go my PowerPC, which is running 10FourFox, so the ported version of FF 31.0 for MAC OS.

Thanks!! Brian

Rodney Higgins

Oct 29, 2014, 6:12:10 PM10/29/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
This is Awesome!!! Works on FF 31 for me too :):)

JB ROSS

Oct 30, 2014, 12:46:16 AM10/30/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Page not found :(

prl77

Nov 26, 2014, 3:04:22 PM11/26/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, Page Not Found at the zinyth URL.

Terrence Fleury

Nov 26, 2014, 3:24:35 PM11/26/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Try one patched by shimato , specifically http://sourceforge.jp/frs/chamber_redir.php?m=jaist&f=%2Fusers%2F3%2F3796%2Fgmarks_1.0.53_test3.xpi. Mostly works for me. Can't delete bookmarks. Select "Manage Online" for that.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rodney Higgins

Jul 10, 2015, 2:52:16 AM7/10/15
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I got gmarks working on FF 38.0.5 (latest July 2015) and you can do this on any FF up to the latest, here's how:
1. go here and download & install Pale Moon Firefox variant:
http://www.howtogeek.com/108608/6-alternative-browsers-based-on-mozilla-firefox/
* Don't create a new profile for Pale Moon*
2. Install Hide Caption Title Bar Plus add on
3. Intall gmarks add on
4. See the gmarks tab on top by placing the cursor on the upper left corner
5. Sign into your gmail account
6. Gmarks will now work in Pale Moon and FF so long as you have Hide Caption Title Bar Plus installed on FF. You can then either uninstall Pale Moon or just don't open it. if you uninstall Pale Moon and gmarks does not work then reinstall Pale Moon as above.
7. If have trouble with this try opening the gmarks-1.0.5 unofficial_zynth_fx.xpi from FF which is here. Just download it to your pc or notebook; Go to the  F upper left hand corner of FF > File > Open FIle > install gmarks-1.0.5 unofficial_zynth_fx.xpi - but it should not be needed
I discovered this quite by accident by trying Pale Moon to see if runs faster than FF, it doesn't but as it si installed in the same profile as FF it forces gmarks to work in FF. I had to reinstall my Win 7 64 and it worked again :):)
Enjoy

ChiRing Chu

Sep 7, 2015, 10:49:21 PM9/7/15
to GMarks
Dear zinyth, could you update your great plugins?

now gmarks raise a messagebox said save bookmark failed when I add/remove/edit any bookmarks. but the modifies sent to google server already.

在 2013年5月24日星期五 UTC+8上午3:59:25,Zinyth写道:

Zinyth

Sep 11, 2015, 4:16:38 AM9/11/15
to GMarks

No time to update the plugin for instance. For me, it's still working well in palemoon, but with the messagebox. I don't know for firefox.
I'll try to look if I can do something one of these days

David C.

Dec 15, 2015, 6:56:56 PM12/15/15
to GMarks
Hi, Zinyth.

Your update has worked for me for many years.  Thank you very much.

Firefox is now requiring add-ins to be signed by the Mozilla admins.  This pretty much means they have to be submitted for approval to the mozilla add-on web site.  Is there any possibility that you can do this, since the original author is nowhere to be found.

Right now, in FF43, I can use about:config to disable the need for signing, but even that is going to go away in the next release.

-- David

c6h...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2015, 11:51:08 AM12/21/15
to GMarks
Using auto:config to disable the need for signing works great. How do you know that even this option will go away in the next release? It's unfortunate that Zinyth has not responded. He has been very helpful in keeping GMarks working for a long time. Guess I will have to migrate back to using the bookmark function within Firefox. A more drastic change like migrating to Chrome and using Chrome bookmarks is another option, since I use Chrome on my tablet. Used to use GMarks to share bookmarks between my desktop and laptop but no longer have a laptop.
-Michael

David C.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:24:47 AM12/22/15
to GMarks
See the Mozilla Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing

It says:

Check the Firefox Release Calendar for specific dates. The following timelines are for Desktop:

  • Firefox 40-42: Firefox warns about signatures but doesn't enforce them.
  • Firefox 43: Firefox will have a preference that allows signature enforcement to be disabled (xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config).
  • Firefox 44: Release and Beta versions of Firefox will not allow unsigned extensions to be installed, with no override.

The first ESR version to support signing will be Firefox ESR 45. The current plan is to have ESR work like 40-42, with a preference that can turn off enforcement, but that may change in the future.

-- David