Direct link to inbox (bypas login)

Noam Nelke

Mar 18, 2005, 6:07:16 AM3/18/05
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a keyboard with an Email button. I can tell it to go to a URL I
specify. I'd like to have it go to my inbox, bypassing the login
screen, the same way it happens when I double-click the notifier.

Maybe there's a way to pass a parameter to the notifier to make it open
the inbox, that would be fine, too.

Any suggestions would be appriciated,

Thanks,

Noam Nelke, Israel.

Amrish Bharatiya

Mar 18, 2005, 9:27:36 AM3/18/05
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would suggest you that you go to gmail.google.com and login using
the option "Don't ask for my password for 2 weeks." once you are in
the inbox, just copy the link from your address bar and paste it in
that button setting. next time you log into gmail, you will be
automatically directed to inbox without asking for login information.

Regards,
Amrish
--
Regards,
Amrish

Mark Milford

Mar 18, 2005, 10:35:08 AM3/18/05
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
If you select the "Don't ask for my password for 2 weeks." then you
can just enter the url http://gmail.com into it and it will forward to
your inbox, so no need to copy and paste the changable url that gmail
uses at that time when you visit.
--
Mark Milford
The C50C

Don

Mar 18, 2005, 4:46:35 PM3/18/05
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Give your email button this URL. Replace the XXXXXXX with your gmail ID
(i.e. dsw32952) and replace the YYYYYYY with your password

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLoginAuth?continue=http://gmail.google.com/gmail&service=mail&Email=XXXXXXX&Passwd=YYYYYYY

Please be aware that anybody that pushes the email button will get to read
your email.

Don

Apparently gmail has quit replenishing invitations. I issued the last one
in my account and the invitation box disappeared.

Noam Nelke

Mar 19, 2005, 8:00:25 AM3/19/05
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,