GMAIL EXPORT CSV WITH ONLY NAME AND ADDRESS NOT EMAIL ADDRESSES OR OTHER DETAILS

speedy

Mar 13, 2011, 9:54:19 AM3/13/11
to Gmail-Users
I want to export details in my gmail contacts file with approx 800
contacts via csv export

BUT I want to export ONLY the name and home address details of each
contact NOT the email address or phone contact details or mobile

is there any way I can do this without having to go through them one
by one and deleting these details?

Ryan Morehart

Mar 13, 2011, 1:45:56 PM3/13/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com

No, but if you open up the csv with any spreadsheet program it will let you delete them quickly (right click the column and delete it).

Ryan

pif action group

Mar 13, 2011, 6:38:11 PM3/13/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
What spreadsheet program would you recommend?
Speedy

Ryan Morehart

Mar 13, 2011, 7:03:43 PM3/13/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Excel will work just fine. If you don't have it though,
http://www.openoffice.org/ would work. Actually you could also just
upload it to Google Docs and then save it from there.

Ryan

pif action group

Mar 14, 2011, 1:39:50 AM3/14/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Ryan

Just imported CSV file for "OE and other" onto excel  - got all emails and some names (not many), tel numbers and no physical addresses addresses

Just imported CSV file "for gmail" into excel and got all available names (plenty),  tel numbers, email addresses - but no physical addresses

You see, most addresses are not in the gmail address bar in contacts but in the info box (for want of a better name) to the right of each contact - don't know if there is a way for that contacts info box to dump it's address into excel. It will into word or word pad.

Perhaps I should try an import into "google docs" and then save from there but how do you do that? That might dump the "info box details" Don't know why CSV dumped info box details for name but not address into excel?

Pete

pif action group

Mar 14, 2011, 1:03:19 AM3/14/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
will try importing into excel
thanks Ryan

Ryan Morehart

Mar 14, 2011, 10:54:53 AM3/14/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
I'm not quite sure what info box you mean. Do you know if you have the
"old" version of contacts? I attached a screenshot of what my contacts
look like (it's the "new" version, although it's been out a while...
not sure if it's to all languages at this point or not though).

I did try putting info in both the notes section and the address
section of my contacts and the export seemed fine. If you help clarify
where the info box is I might be able to take a guess.

Ryan

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:39 AM, pif action group

contacts.png

Sarah

Mar 14, 2011, 1:36:04 PM3/14/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com

Just have to say - lovely example of the power of the new google groups interface. Great to be able to post relevant pics direct & receive them straight into gmail...

pif action group

Mar 15, 2011, 10:06:20 AM3/15/11
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Thank you google and ryan

Hari Shankar Das

May 14, 2014, 2:04:25 PM5/14/14
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
This email exporter app can export emails from Gmail to CSV. It extracts different parameters such as To, From, Date, Body, Subject etc. as separate columns in the spreadsheet.

On Thursday, 21 March 2013 15:05:41 UTC+5:30, Rafael Cueto wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know how to export email messages from GMAIL to csv?

cheers

rafa