separate multiple usernames of one Gmail account

Pozsonyi Ákos

Oct 1, 2007, 6:38:54 PM10/1/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have a problem: form my Gmail account I have two usernames (in this
case akos.pozsonyi & PozAko). I would like to make a standalone
account with the e-mail adress poz...@gmail.com, but i never see how
can I make it?

Can anybody help?

Thanks:

Akos Pozsonyi
PozAko

Tyler Cheatham

Oct 1, 2007, 9:34:09 PM10/1/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Sign up for Gmail
Click that link.

Vijay

Oct 2, 2007, 1:04:20 AM10/2/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean to say that

1) You 2 gmail IDs?
2) OR You have 2 google User names (Like in the case of picasaweb)?

If 1. You can enable forwarding to the gmail ID you would like to use
as a primary ID.

If 2. Then I think I have read somewhere in Google Help that you can't
use a secondary username for login.

Vijay

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 2, 2007, 4:24:56 AM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
Sorry, I wrote wrong what I would like.

So, for my Google Account of course I have Gmail mailbox, but - and
that is my my problem - this Gmail have 2 user names (like Google
Account). Both user names is for one Gmail, I can log in with two of
that. But I would make separate Gmail malibox for the two usernames
(wich is for one Google Account).

What can I do?

Thanks,

PozAko

On okt. 2, 03:34, "Tyler Cheatham" <tcheath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sign up for Gmail <http://mail.google.com/mail/signup>
> Click that link.

J Rudick

Oct 2, 2007, 7:37:38 AM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
Each Google Account is associated with a unique username. When that
username gets assigned to a Google Account, a GMail account is created
with it. If want two usernames associated with a single GMail or
Google account, then this is not possible to my knowledge. What has
been suggested to you is to use a work around that many us employ.

Create the usernames you want in Gmail or any other Google service
that will establish a Google Account. Once you have both Gmail
accounts activated you can set up one to automatically forward to your
primary address. You will also have to set up the primary account so
that you can send from other addresses. With this arrangement you can
send messages that look like they are from which ever Gmail account
you prefer, while only having to ever login to a single account.

GMail Help for automatic forwarding:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10957&topic=1565

GMail Help for sending messages from other addresses:
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22370&topic=1571
https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=20616&topic=1571

On Oct 2, 4:24 am, "Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]" <akos.p...@gmail.com>

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 2, 2007, 6:07:24 PM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
Hello!

On okt. 2, 13:37, J Rudick <rudick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Each Google Account is associated with a unique username. When that
> username gets assigned to a Google Account, a GMail account is created
> with it.

Thats OK, my problem is somewhere else...

> If want two usernames associated with a single GMail or
> Google account, then this is not possible to my knowledge.

Oppositely, (i hope, this word is understandable ;), i want to two of
my user names, which is associated to one Google Account - one of the
original user name, one is my nickname, witch is associated
automaticely to the original user name - to separate to two Google,
and in this case, two separated, independent Google Account-Gmail
account.

> Create the usernames you want in Gmail or any other Google service
> that will establish a Google Account.

Unfortunately, once I created a Google Account, when I make my Google
Account user name (akos.pozsonyi), and I set PozAko as nickname.
Google associated PozAko - which is just a nickname - to the
akos.pozsonyi Google Account. My dream is to separate the user name
PozAko to an independent Google Account and Gmail Account.

> Once you have both Gmail
> accounts activated you can set up one to automatically forward to your
> primary address. You will also have to set up the primary account so
> that you can send from other addresses. With this arrangement you can
> send messages that look like they are from which ever Gmail account
> you prefer, while only having to ever login to a single account.

I understand it, it' works. But - if I mean correctly - it's
impossible to separate my nickname to a new Google and Gmail Account?

I read in the Google Account help, just user name is uniqe, nicknames
not. But im my case my nickname is uniqr too, and associated to my
Google Account.

Thats a solution for me, to delete my nickname (just! the nickname ),
and re-registering a new Google and Gmail account with it. But I
didn't find where can I delete it...

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 2, 2007, 6:10:17 PM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
On okt. 2, 07:04, Vijay <marat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you mean to say that
>
> 2) OR You have 2 google User names (Like in the case of picasaweb)?
Maybe yes, but I didn't use Picasaweb...

> If 2. Then I think I have read somewhere in Google Help that you can't
> use a secondary username for login.

I see, but it works at this moment too...

Akos / PozAko

J Rudick

Oct 2, 2007, 9:37:24 PM10/2/07
to Gmail-Users
If you mean the name that displays (e.g., J Rudick for me) when
emailing from your account (e.g., rudick.jg for me) then you can
change this Settings -> Accounts -> Send Mail As -> Edit. You can
change this name to anything you want. Still when you login to Gmail
you need to use your account (e.g., rudick.jg) not the name that
displays. This is because the name that displays is not unique.
If you want an email account PozAko then log out of your current
account (i.e., akos.pozsonyi) and click on Sign Up from the log in
page. Someone else might have already taken poz...@gmail.com, in
which case you are out of luck.

Sorry if I continue to misunderstand what you want to do. If I'm
still wrong, please keep trying to explain.

On Oct 2, 6:10 pm, "Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]" <akos.pozso...@gmail.com>

Vijay

Oct 3, 2007, 10:24:10 AM10/3/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Umm... Well I think I don't understand in that case, I tried using my
second ID for emailing me and It didn't work... I can use that ID for
logging in.

This ID will no longer be available for Gmail.

Vijay

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 7, 2007, 5:24:22 PM10/7/07
to Gmail-Users
On okt. 3, 03:37, J Rudick <rudick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you mean the name that displays (e.g., J Rudick for me) ...

No, I think about something else.

> Sorry if I continue to misunderstand what you want to do. If I'm
> still wrong, please keep trying to explain.

I'm sorry to can't explain my problem at first.

So, I try to tell you simply.

I have a Googe Account. It has two user names, akos.pozsonyi@ and
pozako@. Both usernames associated to one Gmail account, if I try to
login with akos.pozsonyi@ or pozako@, i can log in the same Gmail
account. I would like to disassign pozako@ from this GMail (and if it
neccessary, Google) Account, and re-registering to another GMail
account to i have 2, separated Gmail account one the
akos.p...@gmai.com and the another is poz...@gmail.com. My problem
is to I don't know how can I disassign or delete a username from a
Gmail/Google Account.

I hope you can understand my bad English.

(At this time if I try to send an e-mail to poz...@gmail.com the
Mailer Daemon say No such user. But when I try to register in teh
Gmail the 'pozako' username, i can't, because it's taken.)

Akos Pozsonyi

J Rudick

Oct 7, 2007, 10:07:12 PM10/7/07
to Gmail-Users
To the best of my knowledge, what you describe cannot be true. Both
akos.po...@gmail.com and poz...@gmail.com cannot go to the same
Gmail account. They must be different. That poz...@gmail.com returns
as no such user should prove that you are not able to use this login
and access your account. Second, this suggests that someone has
previously signed up for this account and has subsequently canceled
the account.

I think that you are just out of luck.

On Oct 7, 5:24 pm, "Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]" <akos.pozso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On okt. 3, 03:37, J Rudick <rudick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you mean the name that displays (e.g., J Rudick for me) ...
>
> No, I think about something else.
>
> > Sorry if I continue to misunderstand what you want to do. If I'm
> > still wrong, please keep trying to explain.
>
> I'm sorry to can't explain my problem at first.
>
> So, I try to tell you simply.
>
> I have a Googe Account. It has two user names, akos.pozsonyi@ and
> pozako@. Both usernames associated to one Gmail account, if I try to
> login with akos.pozsonyi@ or pozako@, i can log in the same Gmail
> account. I would like to disassign pozako@ from this GMail (and if it
> neccessary, Google) Account, and re-registering to another GMail
> account to i have 2, separated Gmail account one the

> akos.pozso...@gmai.com and the another is poz...@gmail.com. My problem

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 8, 2007, 2:59:22 AM10/8/07
to Gmail-Users
On okt. 8, 04:07, J Rudick <rudick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, what you describe cannot be true. Both
> akos.pozoso...@gmail.com and poz...@gmail.com cannot go to the same

> Gmail account. They must be different. That poz...@gmail.com returns
> as no such user should prove that you are not able to use this login
> and access your account.
In facts it's true. My only one Google Account list 2 user names
(akos.pozsonyi@ and pozako@), and absolutely indifferent what username
I use to log in my GMail account. I try it lots of times.

http://img4.indafoto.hu/4/7/657_e0cf1f47118daebc5b16269099ad7347/61929_4f52297b21a4d074407667bf76ecd400_xl.jpg

> Second, this suggests that someone has
> previously signed up for this account and has subsequently canceled
> the account.

No, I can use both usernames both are "mine".

Zack (Doc)

Oct 8, 2007, 7:42:59 AM10/8/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
Are you certain you can receive mail addressed to "Poz...@gmail.com"?
As Rudick states, this is a case we've never seen before, and all the
Google help pages suggest is an impossibility.

In fact, you're screen cap only supports "Pozako" as a username, not
necessarily an e-mail address. This would be in-line with the ability
to have a Google account prior to having GMail and adding a GMail
account to your existing Google Account (akos.p...@gmail.com).

If this is the case, this help page suggests that you are out of luck
and cannot separate them again, and that your use of the username
Pozako is what is preventing the creation of a GMail account with that
name (unless it was done at the time you created the original GMail
account).

I don't remember adding Gmail service to my Google Account, but I'm
seeing a Gmail address at the top of the page when I log in. What's
going on?
<http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=32048&ctx=sibling>

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 8, 2007, 12:36:51 PM10/8/07
to Gmail-Users
On okt. 8, 13:42, "Zack (Doc)" <z...@tnan.net> wrote:
> Are you certain you can receive mail addressed to "Poz...@gmail.com"?
Sorry, I missed to wrote here: Certainly I can't receive e-mail to
poz...@gmail.com. You're right.

> In fact, you're screen cap only supports "Pozako" as a username, not
> necessarily an e-mail address.

This is true.

> I don't remember adding Gmail service to my Google Account, but I'm
> seeing a Gmail address at the top of the page when I log in. What's
> going on?

> <http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=32048&ctx...>
It's really helpful, but can I delete a username (pozako@) from my
Google account, if I have two usernames (akos.pozsonyi@ and pozako@)
for one account? (And after when it's done, creating a new Gmail and
Google Account with pozako.)
Both usernames created by Google when i registered Gmail and Google (I
don't remember, witch was the first.)

I thanks your patience, but it seems to the real and short
question. :) (I must practice more English.)

munste...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2007, 12:45:19 PM10/19/07
to Gmail-Users
Did you resolve this problem? I have the exact same problem. I tried
to create a google account for my sister, but instead created a
username that was then added to my email address. Now I have 2
usernames, 1 email account. I can log on with either username, but it
directs me to the same email account. This does not help my sister..
who now just sees my email. How can I create an email account for her.
I would like to give her this username.

So how can I remove a username from a account to free it up to create
a separate gmail account?

On Oct 8, 12:36 pm, "Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]" <akos.pozso...@gmail.com>

Pozsonyi Ákos [PozAko]

Oct 25, 2007, 10:08:32 AM10/25/07
to Gmail-Users
On okt. 19, 18:45, "munsterma...@gmail.com" <munsterma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Did you resolve this problem?
Unfortunately not. It looks like to impossible yet.

> So how can I remove a username from a account to free it up to create
> a separate gmail account?

I don't know, but is strongly would like to do this.

Ákos Pozsonyi (PozAko)

Zack (Doc)

Oct 25, 2007, 11:23:04 AM10/25/07
to Gmail...@googlegroups.com
All indications are that even if you free up this extra username
(which is odd, as I've never seen it happen before) that it's treated
like a deleted account. IE the username is unavailable for new
account creation. Google has no official policy on if/when names are
released again for use. Some people have reported waiting over 2
years and still being unable to re-use a name.

I'm still confused on how you managed to get into this situation.
I've tried and tried and cannot manage to replicate your situation.
Can someone indicate a list of steps so I can try recreating the
problem myself, then perhaps I can figure the best way out of it for
you.