I have Multiple Inboxes plugin loaded and I have filters BUT...

Grant Christman

Sep 13, 2017, 12:03:34 PM9/13/17
to GMail Power Users
Like the title states, I have Multiple Inboxes plugin loaded and I have some filters to send email to different inboxes but when I go to my Gmail I have a copy of the filtered email in my main inbox as well as the correct/specific inbox it needs to be in.

Is there a way to have that specific/filtered email just show up in the correct inbox and not my MAIN inbox. It seems to defeat the purpose having filtered emails in main inbox other than specific places.

Thanks in advance,

_Grant

Sean Murphy

Sep 13, 2017, 1:52:56 PM9/13/17
to Gmail Power Users
    Have you tried having the filter "Skip the Inbox (Archive message)"? Since your filter is attaching the alternate inbox label, but leaving the main Inbox label attached, seems to me like skipping the main Inbox would do the rest of what you want that filter to do.