Shortcut to Space from email, based on label.

Martin Hill

May 23, 2024, 12:24:41 PMMay 23
to GMail Power Users
For each project we do, we create a Chat Space and a Label (with a filter to automate adding that label as much as possible).

The Label and Space are created automatically using an apps script and have the same name (i.e. 2547 - Example Project) (although the label is a sublabel in the parent label Projects)

Our label system is super useful as, when an email comes in, the label gets automatically applied and we can click on it to see all the emails associated with that project.

What would also be great is if, for an email that has a project label on it,  we could click something that would take us to the Space associated with that project.

To kick-start my research on the full solution I would be grateful if anyone could give me some high-levels pointers on ways this could be achieved.