Gmail Filtering Domains in "TO" and "FROM"

Freddo

Nov 30, 2018, 2:09:32 PM11/30/18
to GMail Power Users
Hi All -

Learning the power of filtering and labeling to help me not be intimidated with al;l the email I need to sift through daily. So far so good and learned a lot here.

QUESTION: Can a single filter have a domain in both the FROM and TO fields and allow the filter to set a label or do I need separate filters due to Boolean logic that might take place.
Example

Please let me know and thanks!

All the best - Freddo
Message has been deleted

Srikanth Reddy

Nov 30, 2018, 4:40:50 PM11/30/18
to gmail-po...@googlegroups.com
If you put from and to addresses in respective boxes, it is applying AND. However if what you need is OR operation, then looks like putting search query in "Has the words" filed working.

image.png

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM Andy <AI.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 2:09 PM Freddo <fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

QUESTION: Can a single filter have a domain in both the FROM and TO fields and allow the filter to set a label or do I need separate filters due to Boolean logic that might take place.
Example

Please let me know and thanks!

I'm sure you can figure this out for yourself, by trying it.

But yes, your Filter can look for any combinations of From addresses and To addresses (and Subject lines and words in the body, and other things).  I do this all the time.  Both the From address and the To address must be present, for the filter's action to happen.

Regards,
Andy

To send a message to the owner, visit the following page:
http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-power-users/post?sendowner=1&hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GMail Power Users" group.
Message has been deleted