Need help w/ a gmail filter FROM: John Smith NOT jsmith@mydomain.com delete it

aemme...@oneclickventures.com

Feb 21, 2018, 1:55:51 PM2/21/18
to GMail Power Users
Essentially I'm looking for a gmail filter solution that will allow emails from john smith jsm...@mydomain.com but delete emails from john smith jsm...@bogusdomain.com or bogus...@bogusdomain.com

I've been getting some phishing emails posing as team member's names with bogus emails not at our domain.

Does anyone know if there's a way to word a filter to make this work?

Thanks

Andy

Feb 21, 2018, 5:23:23 PM2/21/18
to [gmail-power-users]
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:36 AM, aemmenegger via GMail Power Users <gmail-po...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Essentially I'm looking for a gmail filter solution that will allow emails from john smith jsm...@mydomain.com but delete emails from john smith jsm...@bogusdomain.com or bogus...@bogusdomain.com

Can't you just use From:("jsm...@bogusdomain.com" OR "bogus...@bogusdomain.com")?

For that matter, From:"@bogusdomain.com" .

(I like using quotes, but they might not be necessary here because there are no spaces.  I like to be sure the addresses don't get parsed into something smaller.  But I think this doesn't affect this question.)

I would think/hope that Gmail's Spam filter is best for handling phishing emails, without you having to write your own filter.  The Spam filter is almost always much better, but it requires some training from time to time.

Andy

George Savery

Mar 19, 2018, 7:27:51 PM3/19/18
to gmail-po...@googlegroups.com
best option is to keep marking the bogus ones as spam eventually they will all be trapped,,  and it will be based on the content (phishing ) not the email then if you do start getting emails from a Real jsmith@realdomain   they will arrive properly..

training your spam filter is the key

Regards
     George Savery
 M:0439 334 707

On 22 February 2018 at 09:22, Andy <AI.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

To send a message to the owner, visit the following page:
http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-power-users/post?sendowner=1&hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GMail Power Users" group.