Drag'n'drop stop working :(

anato...@google.com

Mar 5, 2009, 8:28:46 PM3/5/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Drag'n'Drop stop working after Gmail was released this Monday (Mar 2) :
(

I am really sorry that it happened, and I don't know any workarounds
for this issue. I tried to investigate - but I dont see anything that
could cause such behavior. No exceptions, no obvious changes in the
sources.

Locally and at QA server everything is OK - so I think that it was an
induced bug that has been already fixed. I hope that with the next
release DnD start working again. I expect the next release at the next
Monday (Mar 9).

ste

Mar 6, 2009, 6:19:22 AM3/6/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Hi,
DnD stopped working correctly after the latest Gmail updates (I'm
using Google Apps), when the Gmail loads DnD does not work and the
default positions are setted. But... If I just go to "Labs", then I
come back to the main screen it works, and the positions are set as
they where when I quit gmail last time.

Hope this help,

thanks,

Ste
Message has been deleted

jwebber

Mar 8, 2009, 11:20:44 AM3/8/09
to Navbar drag and drop
It's still not working. Going to the labs tab and back does not help.
I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome and it's throwing javascript
errors for every one of them.

Line: 16
Char: 209
Error: Invalid argument.
Code: 0

Further details:

at http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=v0lxBnHNwXQ&am=36VYJcW0cBGIZdXi0dy8QA7T1LXU
[105]
JScript anonymous function
code: {
at http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=v0lxBnHNwXQ&am=36VYJcW0cBGIZdXi0dy8QA7T1LXU
[122]
code: return tba[k](e.src,e.Cd,a)

Any ideas on the fix?

Thanks,
Joe

On Mar 6, 3:21 pm, WendyThePooh wrote:
> Thanks for the update...look forward to try next week again.

rpietro

Mar 9, 2009, 1:15:53 AM3/9/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Still not working. this is a great gadget. would be fantastic if it
could start working again

On Mar 8, 11:20 pm, jwebber wrote:
> It's still not working. Going to the labs tab and back does not help.
> I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome and it's throwing javascript
> errors for every one of them.
>
> Line: 16
> Char: 209
> Error: Invalid argument.
> Code: 0
>
> Further details:
>
> athttp://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=v0lxBnHNwXQ&am=...
> [105]
>     JScript anonymous function
>     code: {
> athttp://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=js&ver=v0lxBnHNwXQ&am=...

neW1

Mar 10, 2009, 2:57:30 PM3/10/09
to Navbar drag and drop
I noticed that it has stopped working since yesterday.
I've tried using it with google chrome, opera, latest stable release
of firefox and now with the latest beta release from firefox (3.1 b2).
Please look into it.

Anatol Pomozov

Mar 12, 2009, 6:16:56 PM3/12/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Hi,
Sorry once again. A new Gmail release is very close. You'll see
working Lab very soon.

Anatol Pomozov

Mar 13, 2009, 10:45:14 AM3/13/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Ok,

It works on my @gmail account. Please check it and let me know if you
have any additional issues.

Teto

Mar 13, 2009, 11:00:44 AM3/13/09
to Navbar drag and drop
working here!
thank's!!!

neW1

Mar 13, 2009, 3:07:55 PM3/13/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Thank you for feedback.
Looking forward on using this feature once again.
Regards,
Martin

neW1

Mar 18, 2009, 4:05:10 AM3/18/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Dev's and everyone who cared,
I am happy to say that as of yesterday (today) this has started
working for me once more.
Thank you for your help :)

Egas Pinto Basto

Apr 22, 2009, 3:00:32 PM4/22/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Its not working for me. Well it's not working with Google Calendar
anyway. Although if i want to move it i can just move all the other.
I'm using firefox (don't know version) in ubuntu 8.10

i can pick up but when i click to leave it to the desired position it
wont leave the mouse but the mouse turn to normal not only not
allowing me to click on anything beside the box i picked up but also
not allowing me to ... pick down it I have to refresh the page

Sasan

Jun 17, 2009, 9:21:24 PM6/17/09
to Navbar drag and drop, sas...@google.com
My DnD is not working. Is this an old bug that just resurfaced?

Thanks,
Sasan

baguinaga

Jun 24, 2009, 1:20:12 PM6/24/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Sasan,

I was one of the victims when this occured months ago. I don't need
to use this very often, however, I just checked and mine still works
fine. I don't think the bug has resurfaced. Try different browsers
and/or PCs to see if the problem occurs consistently. If not it is
probably something local. If yes, maybe someone else will have a
suggestion (that may even have been covered in previous posts).

Brian

Juan Pedro

Jul 7, 2009, 8:22:37 PM7/7/09
to Navbar drag and drop
Ok, here is my solution to make it remember again the positions.

1. Disable "Tasks", "Google Calendar gadget" and "Navbar drag and
drop"

2. Enable "Tasks", "Google Calendar gadget" and "Navbar drag and drop"

3. Move the "Calendar gadget" over the "Task" link

4. Press "Ctrl+F5"

5. Place the "Calendar gadget" where you want

6. Solved... or at least for me.

Hope this helps.