setting gmail as default mailto application not working

niedjäger

Nov 20, 2008, 3:03:49 PM11/20/08
to Gmail Icon Notifier
Hi, I tried first the old gmail notifier, then google talk, and now
gmail icon notifier, but can't set gmail as default mailto handler
i checked all options but no chance

dont know what to do, hope you can help

using windows vista and google chrome

William Randol

Nov 21, 2008, 3:21:34 PM11/21/08
to Gmail Icon Notifier
I'm afraid that the other programs may have created some registry
problems... The registry around mail is very touchy, what features are
you missing from it being the default, are mailto: links not working
or is the icon not showing up in the start menu.

nlp239

Dec 2, 2008, 8:45:58 AM12/2/08
to Gmail Icon Notifier
I am having the same problem on both the desktop and laptop. It was
working until recently and now wonder whether it is as a result of an
XP update.
> > using windows vista and google chrome- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Saturn

Dec 1, 2008, 8:15:39 PM12/1/08
to Gmail Icon Notifier
I'm having a similar issue; the program is working fine, and telling
me when I have email and whatnot, but it isn't showing up as the
default program in the start menu. I've gone to the "Default Programs"
icon under All Programs, and selected Google Gmail as the default
program under "Set Program Access and Computer Defaults," but it still
shows Windows Mail in the Start Menu. If I type a mailto: link in the
Run dialogue, it still brings up Windows Mail. I've got Gmail set as
default in Firefox and IE (thanks to the Google Toolbar), but would
like it to handle other links from other programs.

Thanks in advance if you can help.