New Version!

William Randol

Oct 18, 2009, 10:09:44 AM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
New Version!
I have just realeased a new version: Version 0.8.
Version 0.8 is going to be my first release canidate. It includes new
features and more stable code.

New features include:

New right click "Send To > Gmail Recipient"
The Notifier Icon will turn grey if you have no unread messages in
your inbox
Task Manages shows a significant reduction in system resources.
A list of your Gmail contacts (with pictures) is availables when
sending attachments.
I have also changed the way the program opens emails and your inbox to
try to work around some of the new issues presented by Google's new
authentication method.
Please enjoy the new version and I welcome your feedback

Thank you,

William

nlp239

Oct 18, 2009, 11:45:22 AM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
What's the link for the new release?

William Randol

Oct 18, 2009, 12:23:15 PM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier

Jean B.

Oct 18, 2009, 1:01:04 PM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
Hi William,

I'm using Windows 7 RC, just downloaded the new version of your
program and it crashes upon launching. It also does not give me any
log so I can't forward you details. What do you need from me to
debug?

Jeanie B.

On Oct 18, 8:09 am, William Randol <william.ran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> New Version!
> I have just realeased a new version: Version 0.8.
> Version 0.8 is going tobe my first release canidate. It includes new
> features and more stable code.
>
> New features include:
>
> ,

William Randol

Oct 18, 2009, 1:22:00 PM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
Heh,

Windows 7...

I guess I need to work on getting my windows 7 virtual machine running
again...

William Randol

Oct 18, 2009, 8:12:46 PM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
A patch is up for those of you having problems on startup!

download it from:
http://www.williamrandol.com/Gmail%20Icon%20Notifier%20Patcher.com

Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

William

William Randol

Oct 18, 2009, 8:21:41 PM10/18/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
Sigh.....

Try:

http://www.williamrandol.com/Gmail%20Icon%20Notifier%20Patcher.exe

That might work better...

William.

Floris

Oct 19, 2009, 7:29:27 AM10/19/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
I like you William. Great work! Will check out when at home.

On a side note, just out of interest: I've always find it hard to
understand how so many freeware is available! I'm not anywhere near a
programmer (the only thing I ever programmed was a ABC-formula program
on my scientific calculator for cheating at match exams :p), but I can
imagine it must take hours and hours. So I'm wondering, William, what
does it bring YOU to create this wonderfull program?
I will be donating some $ soon. Wont be much since I'm a poor student,
but I guess it will be enough to feel 'thanks' when drinking a beer or
two ;-)

Cheers in advance,
Floris

William Randol

Oct 19, 2009, 6:24:19 PM10/19/09
to Gmail Icon Notifier
Hmm...

Well I have no "formal" programming training, so one of the big things
this gives me is education. I started this project as something I
could use myself... since then I've added some features that others
have asked for.

Glad you like it :D

William