[Official Gmail Blog] Trip Bundles in Inbox by Gmail

Blogger

Jun 8, 2015, 12:26:15 PM6/8/15
to gmail-bl...@googlegroups.com
Posted by Thijs van As, Product Manager

I frequently travel to Mountain View and Seattle and always have a mess of related emails at the end of my trip. For example, last time the final tally was four about my flight purchase, five about my hotel reservations, one rental car confirmation and five check-in reminders. The challenge is: I often need an important bit of information quickly—a flight confirmation number or hotel address—but the details are buried in email, making them hard to find.
Just a couple weeks ago, Inbox added Trip Bundles to improve this experience—whether you’re traveling up and down the West Coast, or flying across the pond. Now, all of your emails about a trip are bundled together and available the instant you open Inbox.
When it's time to fly, Inbox will even update your flight status so you'll know if your trip is on time or if your gate has changed.
You can open the bundle to see all your emails related to that trip, with the most important information (like flight times) right at the top.
Each section in the bundle gives you all the details about your flight, rental car, hotel or restaurant reservation. And when there are multiple emails about the same reservation, Inbox is smart enough to only show you the most up-to-date information.
Finally, if you want to take a look at your upcoming trips or take a trip down memory lane, just tap on Trips in the app menu.
Safe travels!

--
Posted By Blogger to Official Gmail Blog at 6/08/2015 09:22:00 AM